My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wonderful Windy Whiny Wednesday with my Wish List

It's early morning on Wednesday... two weeks from today I'll have my surgery and I am so very glad I didn't have to postpone it. I'm really struggling... not just with the ... well, you know... but my stomach is a mess... my belly has been cramping for days and days (you've heard me complain about it several times!) my back is flared up - probably because of the weather - which means the piriformis nerve is compressed causing my right cheek to have horrible muscle spasms (not the cheek I smile with) ... and the sciatica has my left hip and cheek and leg in such agony that I'm fairly dragging that leg when I walk. I'm basically a ball of pain, all the way around from about the bottom of my bra to the bottom of my bottom.

It ain't pretty, people.... but it's Whiny Wednesday so we might as well get it out of our system, right?

Austin has the sinu-pneumo-broncho-crud and sounds horrible. He stayed out of school yesterday because I knew he'd no sooner get there than call for me to check him out. The last thing I need in the middle of my work day when I'm struggling to deal with my literal pain in the rear... is for my figurative pain in the rear to cause me to spend my lunch break on a tour of White County. No.

I made yesterday my "early day" from work so that I could get home early and bring him cold meds and tissues. I know how miserable it can be when you don't feel good and don't have access to stuff that will make you feel better. He caught a second wind after he was medicated and cleaned my kitchen all spic and span (without using spic and span) and cleaned the top layer of the hoard out of his room. It's progress.

The fun thing... while I was at the Dollar General picking up assorted potions and comfort items for Austin, I ran into Angie, Sarabeth and Jamie. I think Sarabeth is sleeping on some type of stretching device at night... she  is so tall that I can no longer kiss her on the top of her sweet red head when I hug her! Jamie is growing too... I saw her first before I saw Angie and SB... she was dancing around near the front of the store as I pulled into my Princess Parking Place. She's just a little fairy flitting around from flower to flower... carefree and adorable. I got to see Angie's new car which I LOVE.

We're expecting a cold and windy day today. It will be below freezing tonight. There's a lot of water on the ground now but the wind should dry everything up before it can freeze.

How is it only Wednesday? I'm Thursday tired, I'm sure of it.

I spent Monday buying Sarabeth's Christmas on lunch. I spent yesterday buying Jamie's Christmas gift on lunch. Yesterday I got the stuff to wrap everything and I've got deliveries happening over the next week or so. I should be finished with my wrapping by the end of this weekend... and that will allow me to use the weekend while Austin is on his retreat to do the final errands and buy stocking stuffers. I'm right on track, minus Christmas cards. Not doing a good job on those. Eh... a girl can't be perfect. I'm just mega-proud of myself for getting as much done as I have under the circumstances.

When I saw Angie yesterday she asked what I wanted for Christmas... I had seriously not given it a moment's thought... I just have felt in such a place of survival that I haven't thought about luxury/comfort items. I'm just glad for every day I can do the things I need to do. When I think about what I want... it's the things that I can't do for myself more than it is STUFF. Here's my official, dream big, Whiny Wednesday wish list:

a book shelf  OR Killing Lincoln by Bill O'Reilly / Beth Moore's new book on James
a food processor - not a big one, though, I can't figure out how to use them OR tomato plants planted next spring for me so we can grow our own
chia cat grass or chia herb garden. they both look fun.
my oil changed in my car - I mean, really, for someone else to take it to the oil change place and wait with it. I can't bear to sit in those hard chairs
oh... speaking of hard chairs... pillows. I've got a ton but I need more since I'm going to be sitting on them for a month or more... I'm going to need a pillow for every port.
a new coffee pot. the automatic "off" feature no longer works on mine and I have to remember to turn it off every morning before I leave for work
warm fuzzy socks and/or warm fuzzy slippers
big comfy sweatshirts
anything Starbucks related

And... that's enough. Anything from that list would equal GPS or rice cooker "best gift ever" status.
Hope you all have a Wonderful Windy Wednesday. Love and hugs!


3 comments:

Pamela Walden said...

Heather, we will take your car to get the oil changed. Let me know when you want us to do it for you!

AND....would you like some help wrapping presents? We love to do that and it wouldn't hurt our backs or rear ends! HA! Let me know when we can pick up some gifts at your door. We will wrap and deliver back to your door....for free! Love ya, Pam

Unknown said...

To bad we don't live closer. Kristy took auto repair classes in college and is certified. She would have done the oil change for you.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope you'll soon feel better. You certainly are carrying on like a trooper. This is my first visit to your blog but I'll be back to see how you are doing. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary