My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday and I'm not feeling particularly articulate today.
What I AM feeling is pain. All over. Literally... every single joint in my body aches. It's insane.
This may ultimately what takes me out of the game today... I've hung tough all week and I just don't know if I've got another fight in me for today.
Trusting God for whatever today holds... I really am... surrendered to Him.
I literally hurt from the top of my scalp to the bottoms of my feet.
The "f" word (fibromyalgia) can cause widespread pain like this. I doubt it's flu but it feels that way.
I have a low grade fever but again... could be flu or fibro... it's impossible to tell without going to the doctor.

So now that you have my daily medical report (yawn)... let's get on to this Thankful Thursday post.

I am thankful for the good night's rest I got last night...

I am thankful that I have done my taxes and will get a little cha-ching back, hopefully before the end of the month.

I am thankful that Windstream (our internet/satellite provider) has agreed to replace the funds they pulled out of my checking account without authorization. I made one "check by phone" payment and the customer service person clicked the wrong box - instead of a one time payment, she checked that this was to be a recurring payment - and for whatever reason, this procedure collected for both January and February - both of which had already been paid - on February 1st. I'm thankful that everyone I spoke with about this issue was helpful and professional. I will be more thankful when the money is actually back in my account.

I am thankful that none of the crazy relationships I have been involved in over the years has resulted in my disappearance or in permanent physical harm to myself or my children. It seems like every day on the news there's a story of a woman whose life ended because of a toxic relationship in her life. I need to become a domestic violence counselor.

I am thankful that the little girl abducted in the Bremen, Georgia Walmart knew to fight back and escaped from her kidnapper... and that he was caught. It makes me want to hold my babies closer. Although. My babies aren't babies any more.

I am thankful for my Valentine's tree. I have plans to turn it into a birthday tree for Austin. Then a St. Patricks tree... then an Easter tree. And so on and so forth according to my mood.

I'm thankful for the huge pile of unfolded clean laundry at the foot of my bed. We have plenty of clothes to wear and they're all clean, even if they aren't put away yet.

I am thankful for Trouble the cat, also known as Little Kitty. I woke up last night with the sensation of having a child sleeping beside me... took me back to the days when Austin was my cuddle buddy... I reached over and... it was my fur baby... who sleeps just like a human, head on the pillow, body stretched out beside me. Spooning me, even. I love my Little Kitty.

I'm thankful for Fox and Friends... great start to my day. Then I switch over to the Today Show to see what the Liberals are up to.

I'm thankful for The Five... great end to my day. They include Greg Gutfeld (a libertarian and atheist), Dana Perino (a sweet country girl who was Bush's Press Secretary after Tony Snow took ill) Eric Boling (staunch conservative, former stock broker, former pro baseball player, who grew up in a very low income household), Bob Beckel (staunch liberal, recovering alcoholic and token "dirty old man") and either Kimberly Guilfoyle or Andrea somebody another - token hot babe with stripper heels and a spotlight on her legs. Both of the hot girls are attorneys, which gives them a touch more credibility but I roll my eyes at the fact that they're marginalized by being the obvious sex object.

I'm thankful that I'm un-sexy enough to be taken seriously. *snicker*

I'm thankful for my friend Gina who called yesterday at work with lots of really good questions about insurance. I like sharing my knowledge with friends.

I'm thankful for all the divine appointments that come my way each day. With every conversation I try to make a difference in that person's life... even if it's a wrong number... I try to be kind and gracious. I'm not always successful but I'm trying.

I'm thankful for every day that I have the ability to go to work... the car to take me there, clothes to wear, energy to do what I have to do, knowledge to know my job well, courage to do what seems impossible some days, prayers of friends that sustain me, a God who is gracious and merciful to me, wisdom to know when to rest.

I hope that wherever you are, whatever you're doing today that you will take a few moments to reflect on the blessings in your life... I pray that you have a Thankful Thursday in your world, too~

0 comments: