My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

News Day Tuesday

OLD PHOTO... hope I still have the magic touch when it comes to nap time! 
My Tuesday started at 3:30am with a migraine. It's stuck with me all day... fades a bit while the advil is at its' peak... comes back a few hours later. Fortunately it's been a quiet day so I've been able to just sit and let it rage. This is the worst migraine since my surgery. Not loving that they're making a comeback. 

In the news today... I'm not watching the news. I am just so over it. Maintaining mostly Olympic coverage on my tv and finding it much less stressful than the 24 hour news cycle. I will admit to being just the slightest bit bored with it. Not a lot. But I've definitely maximized my Olympic viewing this time, even with the loss of satellite for a few days. 

It's hot here. Hot and muggy. Autumn can't get here soon enough. Bring on the pumpkin spice!

I still can't find my brush. Did I mention that I lost my hairbrush? I've had the same one forever and somehow yesterday it disappeared. I ordered a new one on Amazon this morning. I've been wanting to try the ones that are good at getting tangles out. I don't really usually have tangles but my niece Jamie does. If it works on her head, I'll buy a few more. I keep my hair either brushed out or pulled up, even though it looks like a wild mess sometimes. I brushed my hair with the cat brush today. They didn't mind sharing. 

I had Special K with strawberries for breakfast. The Sorrento snack thing... it's like cheese, dried fruit and nuts... for lunch. Carrots and hummus this afternoon and there is spaghetti on the stove for dinner. Headache pretty much = no appetite but I have to keep something on my stomach to keep from getting sick. Drinking chai tea over ice. It's quite nice. 

On the baby front things have been quiet today. We're just looking forward to Thursday and preparing for whatever happens. Baby clothes washed with baby detergent, found her sippy cup, that sort of thing. I think our best bet is to surround her with things that she's familiar with. I've been looking at old photos and videos again. I had a hard time with that before... just too much emotion involved. I have missed seeing her sweet face. 

I think I've mentioned that I've been watching a Youtube series on a visit to North Korea. I'm about five episodes into now and I'm finding it really compelling. My only knowledge about Korea comes from watching reruns of M*A*S*H. Of course, you know that these tours into North Korea are full of propaganda but it's still very interesting. They are being posted on a channel called Fun For Louis. Here's the link if you'd like to watch. I find the tour guide, Miss Kim, so interesting... as the week progresses she goes from being very stiff and formal to really letting her guard down. You can't help but wonder if she's going to get in trouble for fraternizing with Westerners or if that's the angle she's trained to go for. Really, I highly recommend watching it. It's got a lot of the typical YouTube-y young male perspective as far as skateboarding and rapping and stuff but not so much that it's unwatchable. 

I guess that's about all that's blog-worthy in my Nest today. Hope your week has gotten off to a good start! Thanks for stopping by! Love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: