Monday, August 1, 2016
1. I have a migraine brewing but I haven't had them as often or as fierce over the past two months and for that, I'm grateful. It was good to have a break.
2. I love Monday even though Pop's car is leaking oil because it means we're down to one car which means I can't go anywhere until we're a two car household again. I'm grateful to be able to stay in the house and try to nurse the accumulating aches and pains. E stanca cosi lei vuole restare a casa. (She's tired so she wants to stay at home)
3. I don't love having painters outside working but we'll love the way it looks when they're done so ... I'm glad the job is getting done. I'm also glad someone professional is doing it instead of my mom trying to do it herself.
4. Loving this week because there is NOTHING on my agenda this week. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zero. I can just exist. And recuperate. Or learn to accept my new normal pain level, if that's the case. Non voglio fare niente - I don't want to do anything!
5. Mom is feeling well enough fare il bucato oggi - to do the laundry today so... yay for clean clothes!
6. I stocked up on yogurt last night. My favorite is the Chobani Flip greek yogurts. This morning I had salted caramel crunch. I'm not sure it was particularly nutritional but it sure tasted good!
8. My chai tea was fabulous this morning. I've got to order some more of the Lipton brand because what I'm using now is just not as good but still... it was better than coffee and I like not getting the caffeine shakes. (as in trembling, not as in a milk shake)
9. I'm having a combo of orange/mango/pineapple/coconut juice this morning and it is also fabulous!
10. I slept until 6:30 this morning which is really late for me. I had a bit of a rough night... couldn't get comfortable. I saw every hour between midnight and six but still, sleeping in was meravigliosa! (marvelous)
11. Finished another chapter of a big course on memrise.com today. Putting together sentences sort of makes me feel like I'm getting closer to being able to actually communicate in Italian. I'm starting to translate my thoughts to Italian. Whatever I'm thinking... I'll see if I can find a way to say it in Italian. Honestly, it's really rewarding to see that I'm able to learn a language at my "advanced age". And it's a wonderful distraction. ALSO... many words in Italian overlap Spanish so I understand about half of what the painters are saying outside of my window.
12. TV watching today... and this week... DVR is full of documentaries I want to watch... Netflix is ripe for the picking... still haven't finished Jane the Virgin so there's that to watch... and the Summer Olympics start this weekend! Couch potato heaven!
I've leave it at twelve. But yay! Twelve reasons to love Monday! Be sure and make your own list, even if it's just in your head. It makes facing the long week ahead much easier. Love and hugs, y'all!
Posted by Heather at 11:44 AM