My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, August 1, 2016

Ragioni Per Amare Lunedi

 I'm back again with a list of "reasons to love Monday"... or in Italian, "ragioni per amare lunedi".  Although I'm not going to include the budding migraine that has me cross-eyed this morning... or Pop's car that's leaking oil... or the painters outside... but come to think of it...

1. I have a migraine brewing but I haven't had them as often or as fierce over the past two months and for that, I'm grateful. It was good to have a break.

2. I love Monday even though Pop's car is leaking oil because it means we're down to one car which means I can't go anywhere until we're a two car household again. I'm grateful to be able to stay in the house and try to nurse the accumulating aches and pains. E stanca cosi lei vuole restare a casa. (She's tired so she wants to stay at home)

3. I don't love having painters outside working but we'll love the way it looks when they're done so ... I'm glad the job is getting done. I'm also glad someone professional is doing it instead of my mom trying to do it herself.

4. Loving this week because there is NOTHING on my agenda this week. Nothing. Nada. Niente. Zero. I can just exist. And recuperate. Or learn to accept my new normal pain level, if that's the case. Non voglio fare niente - I don't want to do anything!

5. Mom is feeling well enough fare il bucato oggi - to do the laundry today so... yay for clean clothes!

6. I stocked up on yogurt last night. My favorite is the Chobani Flip greek yogurts. This morning I had salted caramel crunch. I'm not sure it was particularly nutritional but it sure tasted good!

7. Only two more weeks until we get our day in court! Hopefully we'll get some unsupervised visitation with Cosette for Austin. I know I say it every day but it's true... and something we deal with every day... his heart is broken without his baby girl. Even if we don't see her everyday, just knowing that we have the right to see her will go a long way toward healing. Counting the days, literally, until we see her again. It won't be the last day in court... we still have to do mediation but it's progress.

8. My chai tea was fabulous this morning. I've got to order some more of the Lipton brand because what I'm using now is just not as good but still... it was better than coffee and I like not getting the caffeine shakes. (as in trembling, not as in a milk shake)

9. I'm having a combo of orange/mango/pineapple/coconut juice this morning and it is also fabulous!

10. I slept until 6:30 this morning which is really late for me. I had a bit of a rough night... couldn't get comfortable. I saw every hour between midnight and six but still, sleeping in was meravigliosa! (marvelous)

11. Finished another chapter of a big course on memrise.com today. Putting together sentences sort of makes me feel like I'm getting closer to being able to actually communicate in Italian. I'm starting to translate my thoughts to Italian. Whatever I'm thinking... I'll see if I can find a way to say it in Italian. Honestly, it's really rewarding to see that I'm able to learn a language at my "advanced age". And it's a wonderful distraction. ALSO... many words in Italian overlap Spanish so I understand about half of what the painters are saying outside of my window.

12. TV watching today... and this week... DVR is full of documentaries I want to watch... Netflix is ripe for the picking... still haven't finished Jane the Virgin so there's that to watch... and the Summer Olympics start this weekend! Couch potato heaven!

I've leave it at twelve. But yay! Twelve reasons to love Monday! Be sure and make your own list, even if it's just in your head. It makes facing the long week ahead much easier. Love and hugs, y'all!

1 comments:

monica said...

Wow!
Your Italian is pretty good. lol
Even though you aren't feeling too hot you managed
to stick some humor in this post.
I truly hope that Austin gets to spend some real time
with his baby girl. Sad situation and so unfair. It's
just so wrong.
Hopefully the painters will be out of your hair soon
enough.
I've been looking for the mango ice but cannot find it
anywhere. poo-ee
Later gator,
m