This morning I
1. needed a pain pill very early. just one of those days when I wake up knowing that there's no other way.
2. got a really sweet facebook note from my Aunt
3. put on a maxi dress and hoodie
4. ate honey crisp cereal
After that I
1. watched Live with Kelly and Michael
2. watched an episode of the Henry Gates genealogy series on PBS
3. ate some french toast that Austin made
The boys have
1. hung out in Helen
2. reportedly cleaned up the final scene of destruction in the Whine Cellar
3. made fire
|Austin, Fat Pat and Logan. Working. Sorta.|
Things that are concerning me right now are:
2. what kind of flooring we're going to put in the Whine Cellar
3. why two of my favorite bloggers haven't blogged since Thursday
4. did the boys get the fire completely out?
What concerns me about Syria is:
1. Lots of people are dying
2. Lots of people have been put out of their homes
3. I don't think our current leaders understand what's going on or how to fix it and I'm concerned that more people will die because of that and/or that it will prompt violence against Israel.
For dinner I:
1. cooked some frozen "restaurant style" chicken tenders in the oven
2. used up the leftover produce from yesterday's cookout to make a salad
3. whipped up some homemade honey mustard dressing/dipping sauce
4. had chicken tender salads for dinner which even Los Tres Amigos appreciated. I even got a "yum, this honey mustard is amazing." Yes. Yes it is. I am not a great cook but I am good at making meals out of what I have on hand.
Things that stressed me out today:
1. a headache. another bad one. they seem to happen once the strong pain meds wear off.
2. the fed-ex man brought my check and left it on the front porch.
3. I don't think the last of the basement disaster has been cleaned up yet.
4. once my headache hit - everything, every sound, every smell, movement, light - it all bothered me.
5. I took Lily to the bathroom and the gate to the poop pen was open so she wandered out onto the driveway. I followed her to keep her from running off and she peed. I was downhill. I had to leap out of the way.
Things I'm grateful for today:
1. I'm glad Austin has a posse of friends who like to be here, even if it does mean that I'm feeding two extra mouths. It is good for him to have friends.
2. My Little Kitty because he's just so fluffy and adorable, except when he eats Mawmaw's plants.
3. strawberry cheesecake ice cream.
4. A nice upstairs nest while the Whine Cellar is being revamped.
5. They showed three full episodes of Grey's Anatomy this afternoon.
6. I got a lot of work done on my family tree. Still a lot to do but it felt like progress.
And so we have made it through another day on this side of the dirt. Love and hugs, y'all.