Gonna hang out with the popular girls and participate in 7 Quick Takes Friday . Check 'em out... lots of great blogs play along every week. And a few mediocre ones, like mine. It's a great cheat sheet if you're out of blog ideas, like me.
1. So... apparently for the rest of the world this is Friday the 13th. I've never REALLY been superstitious in the psycho, wouldn't leave the house on Friday the 13th kind of way but... ironically... I didn't leave the house today. I did, however, get a call from Old Flame and we're trying to coordinate a time to get together. I'm not holding my breath and I'm not falling head over heels. He's nice. We have a long history. I don't have to go through the whole "disclaimer" with him... he's known my kids since they were in diapers, he knows the men I've married, one of them really well. He lost his brother to the evil of chronic back pain and he knows that what I'm going through is debilitating and legitimate. So maybe I'll see him soon... maybe I won't. I'm sort of nervous about having him here when the parents are here because... the whole dating thing doesn't get any easier even when you're 45 and 50. Like... if I sneak him up to my room would that be weird?
2. My mom found this very thick - like about 8 inches thick - down mattress pad for me. Talk about the Princess and the Pea! I've got two foam mattress pads, two thick blankets and then this pile of feathers. It is PURE heaven. It's only a twin size so it doesn't fit all the way across my bed but... the cats will have to just sleep on the flat side of the bed. Can you tell the large lump on the bed? That's soooo soft!
4. The carpet for the basement has been ordered and will be here in about ten days. I've got paint to paint the porch swing and glider. That will be my little arts &crafts project for this week. The weather is supposed to be pleasant. I'm ready to get back into my basement hideaway and once the carpet tiles are here we can assess the water/mold situation at that time. There's still some minor leakage around the baseboards which ... who knows what that means... but we (they) bought carpet tiles so that if there is damage, we can remove just the damaged part.
5. Every night when I come up to my temporary nest in the attic... these three boys get in a line to wait for their treats. It's like turndown service for kitties. Sometimes Oscar the dachshund will get in line behind them in hopes of scoring a kitty treat. Other times he skips the line and turns into a treat mugger, grabbing them away from the cats. You're gonna have that sometimes in a mixed househould - dogs and cats.
6. The weather is turning and I can feel fall coming our way! I love this place all the time but I love it more in the fall. I'm hoping I can get my mom out and about some to enjoy some of the fun things in town. And if you're not from around here and make a trip to Helen, please stop by and say hello. It's so hard for me to get out and I do get lonely from time to time. Just a little hello... you don't even have to sit and chat or anything. I won't make you stay. Just come give me a hug... let me take a picture for the blog and... happy trails!
7. I am currently reading three books at the same time. Maybe four. I don't know what's wrong with me... I'm so ADD lately. It's like... when you feel like you have all the time in the world, you don't do things in an organized manner. Everything I'm reading is historical... so that at least makes me feel like I'm expanding my horizons, not just filling my brain with sugary hearts and flower of love stories.
Anyways... that's my 7. Hope you'll blog along with us. Happy Weekend, my friends! Love and hugs!