My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Update on My Mom's Cancer Diagnosis

Today is my dad's 67th birthday and I am writing a short blog. The blog is not short because it's his birthday but it is his birthday and this will be short.

My mom went back to the oncologist today. She was told that the cancer is in her blood, that's why it's inoperable. They can do a treatment that slows down the movement of the cancer in her blood to keep it from spreading. She'll get treatments every 4 weeks. She could have a life expectancy of months to years. It just depends on how it progresses. Mom was encouraged by this prognosis and so I am going to be encouraged by it. They didn't say what I wanted them to say which was, "she's going to outlive her daughter" (me) but still, we'll take it and trust God her to be here on to accomplish all that He intends for her to do (paint my bathroom purple) (is that irreverent?) I've got to tell you that I think our family is probably going to do this thing differently than how other families have. Each of my brothers has their own approach to mom. Pop has a certain way he interacts with her. I'm the only girl. She's my best friend. I tell her everything and she tells me everything. So if she's not feeling well enough to empty the litter box, she needs to let me know...

Was that all a little discombobulated? Yes. Life feels like that right now.

In other news... I watched Oscar most of the day today. We get Cosette tomorrow. Friday I get to recuperate and then Saturday we're getting together for my parents' birthdays.

Blog updates as the story / time permit. In the meantime, pray for that magic medicine to get that cancer IN CHECK!

Love and hugs, y'all!


3 comments:

JazzyMae said...

Sending many, many prayers and healing angels your moms way. My father just went to Boston to have a few things done. Waiting on the results soon/ 2 weeks.... I often wonder, in this day and age why do we have to wait so long for results.... I just don't understand that.

Onward.... here is to your mom... forever healing!

R

monica said...

I can't imagine how hard this must have been to write.
I will continue my prayers for your mom & dad & you.
Your mom seems to be a fairly strong woman(in my head).
I hope they can get it under control and that she does
not have much suffering in the process.
Happy birthday to your dad and mom.
May God bless you all.
Monica

slj said...

Sending prayers for your Mom..Happy Birthday to your Dad!!

Sheri