My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, August 19, 2010

thankful thursday with a recipe thrown in

*sigh* Another Thursday... another entry on gratitude. Who reads this blog? Am I boring you to death?
Austin has Open House this afternoon... I'm thankful that the end of his public school education is in sight. It's been quite a journey with him. He wants to go to college... and I'll do everything I can to make that happen for him. Usually once he gets something in his head, he'll see it through.
He received an invitation to go with a student group to Europe next summer. I can't imagine how we would pay for it but I agreed to go to the informational seminar in September. I can just see him stumbling into an international *incident*.
Like it or not... and I mostly like it... my last baby is growing up. Eleventh grade starts on Monday.
I'm thankful for my fur babies. I resisted becoming *that cat lady* but they're good company.
Bitty has discovered my stuffed animals and every day he plays with a different one. He's such a funny cat.
Stubby the 3legged wondercat is basically a piece of furniture... completely unanimated but... he's ours. We can't all be entertaining, now can we?
I'm thankful that my Boo-boo is coming home for a few days this month. I'll get to spend some time with him... Codester and my only daughter... haven't seen any of them since the day of the wedding.
I'm thankful for Weight Watchers. I love that I'm finally back in control of my weight. I've got a long way to go... but time is going to pass either way and I might as well pass the time getting better.
I'm thankful for my new coffee pot. The Keurig machine had become such a pain... it was so undependable... and too frustrating. Austin and I have enjoyed our early morning coffee bonding experience.
I'm also thankful for flavored coffee creamer.
Here's my recipe:
I had the BEST pasta pig out yesterday... I had been craving thai curry beef but didn't have the energy to drive to civilization to procure and/or figure out how to make it... so instead... I made pasta.
here's what I did... I cooked one and a half cups of whole wheat penne - when it was about halfway cooked I added in 1/2 cup of shredded carrots. I mixed the cooked carrot/pasta with 2 tablespoons of goat cheese plus 2 tablespoons of pesto and topped it with one cup of chopped fresh tomato. I put another 2 tablespooons of parmesan cheese on that. It was a HUGE bowl and I ate every stinking bite. It was uh-mazing and all of that came in at 9.5 points. That will definitely become a "go-to" dinner for me. It would be great to make up a mess of it and heat it up during the week.
Time is passing quickly.... must grab my lunch and head out the door. Love and hugs!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog. And no, I'm not bored {smile}.
Ly,
Mar