My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

wishing for a wonderful wednesday

Woohoo! It's Wednesday! And finally... after 3 long months... Wednesday night suppers at church start back tonight. I'm excited and a little anxious... I'm all about point control... and it's so hard to eat food that anyone else prepares and not know exactly what's in it. I'm going to try to focus on the salad bar and use the entree to top a salad... some weeks that will work (baked chicken) other weeks it won't (spaghetti). It's going to be tricky... but the gain in fellowship far outweighs the point expenditure.

I don't think my hen party is starting back yet as my leader is in Alaska this week... but soon. At least I can hang with my girls and catch up. We've touched base some during the summer... but it's never the same.

This weekend I'm heading down to my parents house to visit with my boys and my daughter in law. It will mean a lot of eating out which makes things difficult. I think I just need to pack some of my awesome salads and some fresh produce. Hoping to spend some time with Barry too... he's got a busy weekend planned with his two jobs and the little league team he's coaching but maybe. We'll see. Just seeing my kids is happy time enough for me.

I was in bed early again last night. I got hit with a round of extreme nausea... never threw up, just felt really ill. I doubt it was food related as it came in between meals. I laid down to let it pass and woke up at midnight. Oh well. At least I got plenty of sleep, right? Considering how carefully I'm eating, I'm surprised at how low my energy levels have been over the past few weeks. I'm going to watch my vitamin b12 intake - that has a lot to do with energy - and make sure it's where it should be. I'm eating a lot of good things but restricting some things like meat and bread and those both carry b12s. I am taking a multi-vitamin, though (flintstones chewables with extra vitamin c, if anyone is curious) and that should help with any deficiencies. I don't know... can't explain it... just running out of steam at the end of the day.

Time is passing too quickly this morning... have to glam and dash... hope you all have a Wonderful, not Whiny Wednesday!
love and hugs!

0 comments: