My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

whiny wednesday

I feel absolutely blah today. I just have a bad case of mediocrity. I don't feel bad enough to curl up in the bed and take a sick day. I don't feel like doing anything at all. Soooo... all week I've just been going to work and toughing it out. Yesterday we dealt with so much McNugget Madness* that I actually checked to see if it was a full moon. It isn't.

My weight is up two pounds today. Ugh. I had soup for dinner. Soup. My throat was so raw yesterday by the time I left work that I just wanted soup and crackers. I guess the salt got me. Don't know.

I got a facebook message this morning asking if Robert was behind on child support. He's been consistently paying half of what he owes for the past two months. Overall... it's tens of thousands in arrears. Apparently he's gotten himself entangled in some type of dispute - I don't know the details and don't want to know - and the lawyer for the other person wanted to know if it would be possible to paint him as a deadbeat dad. He's seen Austin twice in the past year and paid about 1/3 of what he owes in child support in that time. Is that a deadbeat dad? I don't know. I confirmed that he has never paid what he owes. Ever.

He's a great dad once his kids are old enough to be his buddies. He just really sucks at the whole "responsible parenting" role. Leaves that 100 percent up to me. I'm not bitter. It's just the way it is. I guess, ultimately, the kids are blessed to have one parent who doesn't quit on them... although there are times I would have liked to.

I'm having back spasms too, which makes me wonder if I have a kidney infection and that's why I feel so icky. I guess I better get that checked out. NOT in the budget. Argh. I'm just sort of hitting my stride at work with sales and I don't want to derail that with an unscheduled absence.

Jamie girl reportedly did not have a great first day of school. You know you live in a small town when you stop by the IGA to pick up something for dinner (soup) and the cashier asks how your nieces' first day of school was. That sorta tickled me.

Ok... time for the glam routine. Love and hugs, y'all.

*McNugget Madness refers to the lady who freaked out in the McDonald's drive thru because they were serving breakfast and she couldn't get mcnuggets. That story, plus the story of the flight attendant who flipped out, totally made my day yesterday. I love crazy, so long as it doesn't fall on me.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Robert fits the description of a deadbeat dad and has fit the description for quite some time now. Hope you are feeling better soon.