My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, January 9, 2014

And Then There Was Thursday

Wake up time: 8:30 after a rough night with two territorial cats who didn't like sharing me/my bed. 

How I'm feeling: I had a nasty headache last night that persisted all night despite having three types of pain meds thrown at it (ok'd by my doctor for use in times like these). I still had the headache this morning with dizziness and nausea and took a combo of ibuprofen and tramadol and it did ease up. The shadow of the headache is there and I fear that it could come back but I hope it doesn't. My back is the worst it's been since Christmas and I have a little bit of a sore throat. It's always something.

How's the weather?  Warmer!  

What I wore today: the new sweater/hoodie from the other day with black leggings and hot pink fuzzy socks. Amazed to be wearing just one layer of clothing today after so many days of being bundled up.   Wardrobe note: I lost the underwire out of my bra today. There is no pain so great as that of a rogue underwire slicing into your flesh. It only took about thirty seconds for me to rush into my room and dislodge the offending dagger but I really thought I just might die before I got it out. I think I need a tetanus shot. 

Hairstyle of the day: I brushed it. At some point I ended up with one of those buns where you just wrap the hair around itself and don't use any hairbands or stuff. It was as bad as it sounds. The dogs don't care. 

Makeup: ... 

What I watched today:  Janet Pate, a sweet Christian lady from Arkansas recently passed away from cancer. I had followed her blog throughout her journey and was always inspired by her grace and peace throughout her illness. She made a really sweet video to be played at her funeral and I watched that today. There's a copy of it here on her daughter-in-law's blog. It was really special to watch and I think you guys would love it. Go check it out!

Grey's Anatomy was replaced with Project Runway today. I don't watch Project Runway. 

What I'm reading: still on Beth Moore's "To Live Is Christ". My headache was not conducive to reading much last night.

What I ate today: breakfast was a pancake, lunch was a baked sweet potato, snack was a granola parfait with yogurt, strawberries and whipped cream, dinner was a tunafish sandwich and rice with butter. I haven't been mentioning my Little Debbie habit. It's ugly. 

What I drank today: spiced chai tea most of the day and hot cider this evening in the Whine Cellar. I have a coffee pot down here and I run water through it and use the hot water to reheat my drink. It spares me a few trips up and down stairs and this evening that's what I needed. 

Where I went today: spent the day on the main floor with the doggies while my parents went to Atlanta (Woodstock) to visit my grandma and took care of some business in civilization. I know it doesn't seem like much but our old lady dogs are high maintenance. I walked a thousand miles tending to their needs. Maybe not a whole thousand but a lot. 

What I did today:  took care of dogs, battled a headache

Visitors to the Hollow: Austin's girlfriend, Charity

Goals for the week/on the wish list:  I got a lovely Christmas surprise from a lovely blog reader and I plan to visit Starbucks very soon and indulge in something caffeinated and laden in sugar and cream. 

Thought for the day:  "There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing." - Aristotle

0 comments: