My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday

Wake up time: 6:30 after being awake until past midnight. Fortunately my demanding career as a tv watcher/Farmville2 Fanatic doesn't require me to be alert. 

How I'm feeling:  Today the lung crud was much less pronounced and I was breathing easier except for the fact that the Evil Gut Pain returned with a vengeance.  It's like... I get far enough away from it to think I might be over dramatizing and then it comes back and I realize, it's more real than I want it to be.  Woke me out of a sound sleep at 6:30 and had me fumbling in the dresser drawer for the good drugs. I still haven't discovered a pattern with this pain but it's legit.

How's the weather?  I couldn't tell you. I think the sun came out today but I'm not sure. 
 
What I wore today: back in my new favorite outfit the grey maxi skirt and blue sweater with leggings and fuzzy socks. It may not be IN style but it's my style and I'm sticking with it. This is why there is always that one couple in every church who dresses from two decades ago - they find a style that they feel comfortable with and they never let it go. You didn't have that couple in your church?  The lady with the beehive married to the guy with the slicked back hair? If you didn't have that couple maybe you were that couple. Just kidding.

Hairstyle of the day: Straight and not as clean as yesterday but cleaner than tomorrow. 

Makeup: rockin' the chapstick like your average five year old! 

What I watched today:  Today has been THE WORST day in tv watching history. I seriously gave up and just watched Fox News all morning. After my blessed double episode marathon of Grey's Anatomy I gave up and watched Katie (who, lets face it, is just as annoying at 3pm as she was at 7am). Tonight I'm planning to watch the new episode of How I Met Your Mother (because I'm sucker enough to still be tied into the story) and then a rousing, exciting documentary on Nancy Reagan on C-Span OR Fashion Police. I haven't decided. The First Ladies series has been really interesting on C-Span but ironically, one of the people who tweet in a question EVERY SINGLE WEEK is named Sheldon Cooper. I'm wondering if it's really a person named Sheldon Cooper or if it's someone (like me) who enjoys both First Lady history AND The Big Bang Theory.  And by the way... you have to be more than just a passive tv watcher to catch on to a nuance like the Sheldon Cooper tweet of the week so maybe my tv watching career DOES require me to be more alert than I thought....  

I'm counting down the days until the Olympics. 
What I'm reading: Today I binge read a blog called Carolina Charm. Binge reading is when you go back and read large portions of a blog in one sitting. I end up doing this at least once a week. It's like reading a biography and I love biographies.  This is how I started stalk-reading Camp Patton about a year ago.  Today I got an email response from Grace about a comment I made on her blog and it seriously made me smile. I don't know why YOU read blogs but for me, being able to connect with people who live in different parts of the country/world from me, being able to see how "the other half" lives, being able to see how very alike we all are at the end of the day is very entertaining to me. It also really makes my day when you guys comment/email/send facebook messages. I know this is a monologue but I really do enjoy feedback. 

What I ate today:  breakfast was oatmeal with apples, raisins and walnuts, lunch was carrots with hummus, dinner was Pop's homemade chicken pot pie and seriously, I could have eaten an entire pie by myself. I've been trying to eat smaller meals today because if you have Evil Gut Pain and you get a full belly, it makes things worse. But seriously. I can see myself having a midnight snack of chicken pot pie if I'm still awake at midnight, although every time I go into the kitchen the dogs get all excited because they know I'm a sucker and always give them scraps. 


What I drank today: I started with those folgers coffee singles - you know, the ones that are like tea bags. Yuck. I moved on to hot tea

Where I went today:  I opened the front door once and let the dogs out. That's about it. 

What I did today:  I survived. Some days that's the best I've got. 

Visitors to the Hollow:  Austin's girlfriend Charity then later Austin's friend and his girlfriend. I am apparently running some kind of Xbox/Hookah Lounge in the Whine Cellar. I should charge admission.  This is where all the cool kids hang out and I get to LIVE here! They're all decent enough to make polite conversation with me on their way past so at least I talk to someone other than my cat. 

Goals for the week/on the wish list:  I've got to figure out what to do with our life insurance this week. I've kept mine because honestly, it would be nigh to impossible for me to qualify for a policy at this point. I could, however, convert it to a smaller policy because I don't need as much as I did when I was a single supporter of three kids. I've kept life insurance on Austin because... well, he's Austin... but his actually has accrued some cash value so I could cash out his and pay for mine for a few months and then... who knows. I'm a long way from resolution on the disability thing and insurance is my only true "bill". I pay for medication and I pay for doctors visits but if I couldn't pay, I just wouldn't go and/or would just do without medication. Life would SUCK but I wouldn't owe anybody. I'm eager to file my taxes but am still waiting for documents. I have no idea what my return will be but it will at least be something. My car insurance is very, very cheap and worst case scenario, if I had to, I could suspend the registration but I'm anxious about letting the life insurance go.  Anyways... so I've got to figure out what to do with that. Tomorrow. And then I'm spending the night with my nieces and am on before school babysitting/driving to school duty for Wednesday morning. Otherwise, nothing really on the agenda until my cousin's wedding on the 25th. 

Thought for the day:  There are 923 words that break the "i before e" rule, only 44 that follow it. Is it more of a rule or a guideline? 

Happy Monday. 

1 comments:

Red*Hot@55! said...

I bought a pair of "tights" at Cato last week - never have worn their brand of tights before - but I *love* these! It's almost like they are fleece-lined - they are thick! The ones I was wearing before were basically just thick pantyhose and they are comfortable and suitable for my needs, but these from Cato are warm and comfie. Paired them with a long knit skirt, my studded boots and a purple knit top. I am comfortable today!