My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Blog Format

Some days I'm just not inspired to blog. I blogged less in the past year despite having more free time than ever before. I believe it was because some days there just wasn't much to talk about. Often my days sort of run into each other.

My blog has been about telling my story, good or bad, for the sake of connecting with others and keeping a record for myself. With that in mind, I decided to create a basic blog format to record a few details of every day with the hopes of finding similarities and differences throughout the year. I may even discover a few habits that I need to break (apple crisp for breakfast?). I'm sure I'll add or remove categories and I'm certain there will be times I won't want to stick to this format (that's the whole second child, left-handed thing). If you have suggestions for topics you'd like for me to include, I'd love to hear them.

Some days I'll have more to share than just this format but on the days that there's really nothing new under the sun, I'm going to just blog the basics. I'm not going to promise 365 days of blogging but I think I'll blog more often and I hope my format will be a good writing prompt.

Wake up time: 1:30am went back to sleep in the recliner and woke up at 7:30am for good
How I'm feeling: not too bad, sleepy but not as exhausted as the past few days, back pain is bearable, joints a little stiff, little bit of a sore throat
How's the weather? Mild and overcast most of the day. Temps in the 40's/50's.
What I wore today: beige leggings under m&m pj pants, pink long sleeve tshirt, big red flannel shirt, pink fuzzy socks
Hairstyle of the day: third day hair, straight
Makeup: Just a little to make sure I didn't forget how to do it
What I watched today: The Rose Parade, no football, Secrets of the Tower of London, Fat Sick and Nearly Dead,  HGTV Dream Home - really bummed that Grey's Anatomy and The Five weren't on today
What I'm reading: Arnold: The Early Years (biography of Arnold Schwarzenagger, free on nook), 1 Peter chapter 2
What I ate today: Marie Callendar Apple Crisp with cool whip, Bacon sandwich on white bread, blackeyed peas, greens, jasmine rice, chex mix
What I drank today: chai tea, cranberry juice, water
Where I went today: the back deck to see the rose bushes that Austin planted
What I did today: watched tv, worked on ancestry.com, played farmville2, took pictures of the cat
Visitors to the Hollow: a former member of the Basement Clown Posse and Austin's friend Sean
Goals for the week/on the wish list: Want to see Saving Mr. Banks, been thinking about cooking stuffed shells, it's time to pack up the Christmas decorations - I took three ornaments off one tree so I've at least started *eyeroll*, gave up on Christmas cards but need to mail a few thank you notes.
Thought for the day: Happiness is an emotion and is temporary. Joy is an attitude of the heart and is eternal.

Happy New Year! Love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: