My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stuff About Today

Wake up time: 2am. Read for an hour and a half and went back to sleep. Finally got up at 8:45

How I'm feeling: sneezing, aching, exhausted - caught a second wind after dinner and feel somewhat better tonight but I'm not running any marathons

How's the weather? Cold and getting colder. We had rain today and now have 35 mile per hour winds and temperatures below freezing. It's not going to snow here but some of those wet spots might ice up. Good thing I don't have to go anywhere!

What I wore today:black yoga pants, purple long sleeve shirt, purple fuzzy socks, same tacky huge red flannel shirt

Hairstyle of the day: fourth day hair, still not greasy but not ready for a closeup. It's amazing how well your "biology" adapts when you stop washing your hair every day. I'm really close to being able to wash about once a week which is great for avoiding split ends/dry hair, especially as the texture of my hair is changing as I age. This picture was from yesterday while wearing an outfit that I decided not to wear because it wasn't warm enough.
Makeup: whatever hasn't been cleaned off since yesterday

What I watched today: still not back to our normal programming (Grey's Anatomy, etc is not on), watched the Weather Channel a lot due to a mild case of snow envy, The Big Bang Theory had a new episode

What I'm reading: Arnold: The Early Years (biography of Arnold Schwarzenagger, free on nook), 1 Peter chapter 3, I downloaded 8 free Beth Moore books from eChristianresources.com on my Nook. I love Beth Moore's teaching style. Those books would have cost between $15-20 each so that was a great find. Also... Mayim Bialek (Blossom, Amy Farrah Fowler from The Big Bang Theory) has a great blog on Kveller.com. She's currently on a trip - a pilgrimage of sorts - to Israel and I really enjoyed her latest blog entry.

What I ate today: a banana, minestrone soup, pinto beans/greens/rotisserie chicken, crunchy vegetable soup, popcorn

What I drank today: pomegranate tea, water

Where I went today: upstairs for food and to heat my tea

What I did today: watched tv, played farmville2 - free water today!- not much else

Visitors to the Hollow: Rosalita the stray cat, the trash men
Goals for the week/on the wish list: move the white shelf with my Barbies into my bedroom, set up a "supply" shelf in the kitchen side of the Whine Cellar

Thought for the day: H.O.P.E. - hold on, pain ends

<---loving kitty="" little="" my="" p="" trouble="">
If you're in the path of the big ole snowstorm, I pray you stay safe and warm!

Love and hugs, y'all!

0 comments: