BUT DESPITE the fact that it's Monday and I feel incredibly miserable today... there are still so many reasons to love Monday. Let's give it a shot:
2. The bonus time with Cosy was great fun! She had a bit of a Nana attachment at first and then moved on to a Mawmaw attachment and then was a full on Daddy's girl. Mostly, she wanted to pet the kitties and the Holy Grail of cat petting for her is Little Kitty who is entirely TOO FAST for her to catch most of the time. It's the sweetest thing ever watching her call the cats by clicking her tongue (like me) and patting the side of her leg (like Mawmaw). We were playing on the new porch (because honestly, it's the best playpen EVER) which is Oscar's (the dachshund's) favorite place in the house. Every time Mawmaw would go in to get something, she would leave Oscar and Cosy would get concerned and say, "Ooof?" as in, "you forgot your dog". Cutest ever. Also, I had pour water into a cup for her and splashed it on her toes on Thursday and she wanted to do the same thing last night, even though she is not as much of a fish as Oliver. It cracks me up - the things she remembers from week to week. So... starting off the week with happy Cosy memories is the best.
4. Despite feeling icky... I am so grateful that this is a "no demands" day for me. I don't have anyone to pick up from work (I don't think). No doctor's appointments. No dog-sitting. I had lunch plans that I postponed because... not moving. It's really quiet and peaceful here, even with company. My nephews are 19 and 17 and probably the quietest teenage boys on the planet. They're doing their own thing and I'm down here in the nest just resting.
5. We're having more company this weekend because my parents birthdays both fall in the next week. My dad's birthday is Wednesday and my mom's is next Monday. Cody, Marquee and Oliver are coming up, Cosette is coming over, my brother and sister-in-law are coming and... if you're local and want to come by, just come on over! Let me know if you need directions... we're going to have a very informal gathering around noonish. Bring a snack if you like. I'm sure we'll have some kind of food although we're not that organized at this point. If you're not local... the leaves are *just barely* beginning to turn colors and it's beautiful up here lately. It's a great time of year for a day trip! I think there's rain in the forecast for Saturday but... we have the big covered porches to hide out in and still enjoy the cooler weather.
7. I'm drinking a big glass of my favorite peach tea. Even though Pumpkin Spice is available... after getting sick off the very first one I haven't had as much of a desire for them. Also... it has to get cooler for it. I see some fifties ahead in the ten day forecast so it will be feeling autumnal very soon. Glad the PSL is there when I want it... and I'm sure I'll want some soon. In the meantime, iced tea is a big reason to love Monday.
8. My last (and biggest) Reason To Love Monday is that we're all still here today. The terrorist attacks over the weekend struck too close to "home"... not my geographical home but people I love/family members = home. My brother lives on the Upper West Side and the bombs were in Chelsea so... I didn't worry so much. It's still all too close for comfort and it's still somebody's brother that got hurt on Saturday night. However... it could have been so much worse. I'm grateful that no one was killed and I pray that those injured will have a swift recovery. I feel so very insulated here in my nest far, far off the beaten path but that doesn't mean that my heart isn't distributed to various places where bad stuff DOES happen. The truth is we are never promised more than today so waking up this morning and counting heads and realizing that all those I love are still with us... that's all the reason I need to love today!
Happy New Week! Love and hugs, y'all!