My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

another quickie

It's a beautiful spring day... just wanted to check in and say hello before I start work...

Nothing new really to report. I'm doing pretty good. Been doing lots of sharpie drawings since I don't have the laptop in my lap all evening.

My birthday is in one week! Woohoo! I can't wait to be... 41...

I remember when my friend A.T. and I were 14. She was arguing with her mom about something and her mom said something to the effect that her numbers were reversed... she was 41 and we were 14 so she knew better. A.T. might remember the exact context better than me... but it stuck with me. A.T. will be 41 next Monday, I'll be 41 on Wednesday. We made it, Miss Anne! Of course now Miss Anne is... 68? So I guess she still knows more than us...

I am MISSING my cyber world so much! It feels like another divorce. anyone got a computer they want to loan/sell cheap? No? Oh well. It looks to be another month before the budget will allow me to fix/replace mine and get back online at home. Even then... it's probably going to come down to wisdom teeth or computer.

But... still... life is good... I've been feeling pretty good... been cooking a lot to save money... work has been slow/boring. I met with a father of triplets yesterday about some life insurance for himself. Other than that... no pending sales. Gotta jump in there today and try to make it happen... love and hugs, y'all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At the show tonight, there was a fellow whose 79th birthday was today. He drove to the show from your neck of the woods. Sautanacoochie(sp?). He was spry, alert, and played along.

We all get older. It's whether were up for the adventure. It's whether you can balance what your mind now knows with what your body can do.

If you're comfortable there, you really are ahead of the game.

JennBand08 said...

I will be 41 next year and my daughter will be 14.. lol. Just thought that was cute. Hope you get your laptop fixed soon.