My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

good things

I got the most amazing letter from Purple Michael yesterday... best gift I can ever remember receiving.... and I've gotten some doozies. I'll post the poem he included in this entry at the bottom.

Also got an amazing and sweet card/letter from my grandmother. She's 85 and she just lost a close relative, her sweetheart and her best friend all in the space of a month. Yet, she is incredibly upbeat and positive. I'll treasure that card forever!

And this... cryptic yet interesting comment from my mama...
mawmaw said...
be aware of the day before your birthday, good things might happen
April 28, 2009 5:43 AM

Hmmmm... that could be exciting.
Austin is really sick. I'm sick too but not as bad... sore throat, runny nose, fever. Last night I felt all flu-ey and wiped out but this morning I'm ok. I left Austin home so i'm planning to cut work a little short to get back and assess to see if we need to get him to a doctor.

Written on my hand today "all things" for two reasons:
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me
and
All things work together for good for those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose.

I am placing my hope today in "all things".

And now for my poem...a few Easters ago, I had silver bands engraved for Purple Michael, my kids and myself that said, "CHARM" and wrote an essay about how before he entered our lives we were char (Cody, Heather, Austin, Ryan) - burned, used up, worthless - but when he entered our lives, we became a magical group... CHARM'ed. (Cody, Heather, Austin, Ryan and Michael). So the word "charm" is a precious word between Michael and I... so this poem is perfect!

BELIEVE ME, IF ALL THOSE ENDEARING YOUNG CHARMS
Author: Thomas Moore
Believe me, if all those endearing young charms,
Which I gaze on so fondly to-day
Were to change by to-morrow, and fleet in my arms,
Like fairy-gifts fading away,
Thou wouldst still be adored, as this moment thou art,
Let thy loveliness fade as it will,
And around the dear ruin each wish of my heart
Would entwine itself verdantly still.
It is not while beauty and youth are thine own,
And they cheeks unprofaned by a tear,
That the fervor and faith of a soul can be known,
To which time will but make thee more dear;
No, the heart that has truly loved never forgets,
But as truly loves on to the close,
As the sun-flower turns on her god, when he sets,
The same look which she turned when he rose.

Have a great day, y'all!

4 comments:

Myra said...

Sweet poem! Love the ring thing...do the boys still have theirs? Ooh...surprise!! Better yet, birthday surprise!! Feel better, Austin!

Michelle said...

I love that ring thing. Hope you and Austin both feel better. It is so cold and rainy here I would like to leave work and go hop in bed.
Michelle

Big Mark 243 said...

i have read some thomas moore and he has written some good stuff. purple michael is really into you, because this 'sounds' like you.

sober white women said...

I am so glad that you are having a great day!
Kelli