My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, August 20, 2009

all about the farm. it's my life, y'all.

How can I feel so brain-dead with five hours still to go before Yabba Dabba Do time?
God gave me ALL the strength I needed for yesterday… to keep chugging along and make it to my Hen Party last night… and I know He’ll give me ALL the strength I need to keep chugging today through my work day and the Pig Meeting tonight.
Yep. Hen Party on Wednesday. Pig Meeting on Thursday. That’s my life.
Tonight I will go to the “Ag Center” (short for Agricultural Center) and find out the nitty gritty details of what’s involved in raising a pig. Not that I don’t already know. *ahem* Debatably, I’ve already raised a pig or three. This time, though, someone is going to judge me on it. Not that I haven’t already been judged on it. Seriously.
Say it ain’t so, Joe. Sometimes my life is so surreal. I have to look around and see who’s watching me because surely I’m on Candid Camera or being Punk’d or something. And then I realize that there are a couple dozen of you out there who are watching. Maybe judging a little… I like to think of it as “constructively supporting and encouraging”.
Pig Meeting. Me. Ag Center. Me, the ultimate city girl. Or at best, Suburb Sally.
It really made me laugh hard the other night when Austin told me they have three agricultural teachers at their school. Three. My brother’s response was, “I’m surprised they don’t have five”.
Today I’m starting work on a new bible study. I’ll share lots about it, I’m sure. I do that. It’s a Kay Arthur study this time and I think she’s amazing. the study, ironically, is titled, "Return to the Garden". Not the vegetable garden... as in Eden.
And since I haven’t REALLY whined in this blog entry, I’m coughing a lot today, my ribs are aching, my throat is a little bit sore and I’m hoarse. In other words… same old, same old. No change, despite the thousands of dollars in medical care. Money well spent (or not.). thank God, once again, for health insurance.
Ok… back to the salt mine… have a great Thursday, y’all.

3 comments:

Missie said...

Have a good Friday!

Barbara said...

I am looking forward to hearing about your new Bible study. I enjoy Kay Arthur.

JennBand08 said...

I continue to hope and okay, pray too, that one of these days your meds kick in and your bronchitis/lung issues will leave..nobody should be sick for this long. :(
~Jenn