My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, August 31, 2009

Woe is me Monday.

Sooooo... Monday didn't turn out like I had planned. Austin had come home sick Saturday... and I started feeling bad yesterday... so I took both of us to the doctor this morning. (Again, thank God for health insurance)

I tested negative for strep (yay!) and Austin tested negative for flu (again, yay!) and although we are both supposed to "practice social distancing" (politically correct term for quarantine) we are not as sick as I had feared. (Thank God for health. And health insurance!)

I'm super sleepy... didn't sleep well last night... and the doctor is concerned that I'm only one week recovered from the bronchitis that Austin now apparently has... and with the steroids I've been on... and with the granuloma stuff... I'm more susceptible to illness. So... he's having to "social distance" himself as far away from me as possible. We're doing all the good health things.

And... since I've answered this question a couple of times today already - yes. I have been sick alot. It's because of the granulomas. My lungs are damaged. My immune system is shot. Probably has been for some time. So we're praying that my sore throat remains just a sore throat and not another round of bronchitis. This time the doctor didn't leave an option as far as work... she said, "you will go home and rest today..." And maybe go back to work tomorrow. She doesn't want Austin back in school before Wednesday. Good times.

It's gonna be fine. I've discovered a new internet addiction - SuperPoke Pets - and I'm having fun playing on that.

So feel free to join in my Pity Party and have your own Woe is Me day... and get it out of your system. We've got nowhere to go but UP! God is good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes you sure have been sick alot lately. I am not feeling good either. I don't know what it is but absolutely feel crappy. I hope we both feel better soon!

stasha said...

a pity party equals North Ga BBQ right? I wanna come! lol! =]

LYN said...

I HOPE YOU WON'T GET IN TROUBLE AT WORK FOR MISSING SO MANY DAYS...
YOU HAVE A CHRONIC CONDITION AND MAY END UP ON FMLA OR DISABILITY..JUST THINK HOW IT WILL BE IN THE WINTER!
KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS...