My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, August 13, 2009

More Thankful Thursday

Things that made me smile today:

I made it through the whole day. I really wanted to call in sick today... but after talking it over with God, I decided I needed the hours. And so I went... and at one point today... I was the only one there... last man standing... I'm so grateful that He gives me the strength to do what I gotta do...

I had a great time of Bible study on lunch today... in the shadow of the Walmart sign... right there in Cornelia... It was warm but there was a nice breeze occasionally and it was good to have that time... And I learned a few things. Well, I guess I should say that I pondered a few things... like how God's timing is different from our timing... and how we get ahead of God and how we sometimes really make a mess of things by doing that. I was reading in Genesis, in case you were wondering. Chapters 8-17. Mostly 16 and 17.

I'm really excited about Big Brother tonight. It's a guilty pleasure, I admit.

I was thinking today about how at peace I've become about my romantic future. There was a time (a minute and a half ago) (ok, maybe a little bit longer) that I would panic at the thought of being single *gasp* forever. "Will it ever happen for me?" "Am I destined to be the lonely old maid aunt?" And it really tormented me. Then there was Crunch-n-munch and I knew I was nowhere near ready for any kind of relationship. And then there was this other guy who was an amazing man of God but God kept whispering to my heart "he's not the one"... and I threw a real fit with God and said, "That last falling in love episode almost killed me... how will I ever. EVER. have the courage to do that again?"

And He said... "Give me your heart and I will give it to the one who deserves it". And that settled it for me. And I don't worry. And He has met every need. And... all of a sudden... I'm really not lonely... and not fearful... and finding patience I never had before... and there is no frantic search...

Did you know that butterflies won't land on you if you're moving? You have to be very still. God told me for a year in Jacksonville to "Be still and know that I am God". I'm being still. And seeing possibilities without having to work to make things fit. I'm not getting ahead of Him. I'm letting Him decide who deserves my heart.

At rest in Him is a beautiful place. If you've never been there, I'd like to invite you to not just visit but to go there and live. I'm trying to take up permanent residence there.

I got a letter in the mail from my grandmother today. She talks about how much she enjoyed Sarabeth's baptism. She said, "she's a very brave girl" and my heart swelled with pride as if she were my own child. It was a sweet letter and it made me feel treasured... and I thought about how God loves us like we're His only child.

And then... Austin told me that I need to go to school for a meeting with him next week. The meeting is about the pig he's going to be raising. PIG. It's part of his Future Farmers of America club. Which totally cracks me UP! He will have to go every day and feed it and ... the other things that you do with animals. I found out later that he had a choice between calf, pig and goat. And chose pig.

Candice... when you come... I'll take you to see the pig. And then you can tell all your friends in New York City about your nephew's pig. Sooooueeee! Or maybe when you tell the story it will be Bryan's nephew and you won't claim him...

Seriously... every time I start to get depressed... I'm gonna think about Austin raising a pig... that makes me smile.

1 comments:

moshell's lilbit of space said...

well, one good thing about the pig....if it's Austins after...you won't have to buy meat. (ok - that didn't sound as good as it did in my head)


Have a great Friday....my afternoon is with the DR....say a prayer.