My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Thankful thursday

Happiness Is…

A call from my 85 year old grandmother, telling me she’s praying for me.
Passing my sister-in-law on the road for the second morning in a row.
Being able to keep up with 600 of my closest friends via facebook. *smile*
Thursday.
Knowing that the weekend is coming.
A checking account with numbers in the positive the day before payday.
A full pantry.
Thinking about doing some advance meal prep to take advantage of the full pantry.
A second cup of coffee.
Saving $50 on coffee since switching from the prepared k-cups to “fill it yourself” six weeks ago.
Health insurance.
Good medical care.
The things that God knows that He’s taking care of even before I know.
New friends.
Old friends.
Friends I have yet to make.
Sharpie markers.
Internet.
Halls cough drops.
Hot tea.
Splenda.
Having lunch with my brother, my friend Stasha and my niece within the space of a week.
Air conditioning.
Hair conditioner.
Getting my next CT scan and Pulmonary function test scheduled already.
Teachable moments. Things that take us out of our comfort zone. Times that require us to depend on the Lord. Opportunity for growth. Peace that passes understanding. Not being defined by circumstances.
Payday. Paid bills.
Hope.