My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, August 17, 2009

Gant Girls


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens... Just had a frustrating reality check with Austin and vented about it on Facebook... he wants to do something special for Tasha for their three month "anniversary" and while I am eternally grateful that this precious young lady has suffered Austin for three whole months... he was planning to spend MY money to take her out somewhere "expensive". And when I had to bring him up to the reality that we can't afford school clothes for him, much less expensive dinners for anyone... he got upset with me.

The parent who stays is the parent who pays. Honestly... I had been debating about whether or not to file charges against his dad for abandonment and that made up my mind for me. If he had made any kind of half-hearted effort to do anything at all... or even responded to my email... or called... or anything... but once again, he just disappears. And all of this made my head hurt... so I decided to post some of my favorite pictures from this summer.




Me with my sweet sister-in-law on our "girls night out" with the sweet ladies from church. And then two of my favorite little candid shots of the girls... with Sarabeth painting Jamie's fingernails. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...
And we lived happily ever after.


0 comments: