I have typed the opening sentence to this entry about a half dozen times. I want to start the week with positive energy and optimism. I just really feel icky and want to curl back up in bed and pull the covers over my head. The truth is, to some degree, the world mirrors back to you whatever attitude you're putting out... and if you start your day - if I start MY day/week with the attitude of "I don't want to be anywhere except my nest" then people aren't going to want to do business with me. It's a critical time for us... we have a lot of work to do as an agency and it's not going to happen if I'm posing as The Queen of Mean.
Monday, October 3, 2011
So... without any further introduction... here's this week's Reasons to Love Monday:
1. Amanda Knox may be released today. I don't believe she's guilty. What do you think?
2. It's 43 degrees here in Sautee Nacoochee... cool, crisp fall weather!
3. I'm wearing a new outfit today... well, new to me. With my cute boots.
4. I remembered to buy a new pair of tights so I won't have to dig through and find the pair with the least amount of holes and runs.
5. Today is payday! I can pay my rent and power bill and anything else that's mandatory between now and next payday.
6. Last night Austin went to the viewing for a 12 year old boy in our community who died last week. His mama works for another local State Farm agency. No matter how much effort it takes me to drag myself in to work this morning, I could be dragging myself through the process of burying a child.
7. We have staff meeting this morning so I have to be at work at 8. (And I'm not SURE that qualifies as a real reason to love Monday but it's what needs to be done so I'm going to do with with as much energy and enthusiasm as I can possibly come up with!)
8. I have a new "Favorite" color... it's sort of in between lavendar and plum... a rich purple but not the deepest darkest purple. I'm going to try to do a Pinterst page showing that color.
9. I did a thorough grocery shopping job this weekend so I have food for lunch and can spend my entire lunch break picnicking.
10. I'm poor... so nobody is out protesting my wealth... ha!
Time to wake the boy... have a great Monday, y'all!
Posted by Heather at 6:08 AM