I need a new attitude.
Not that I’m Debbie Downer or anything. I just need to wake up in the morning ready to thrive, not just praying to survive. I need to complain less and praise more. I am so blessed and have been brought through so much! It’s Thankful Thursday, y’all!
1. My co-worker Shirley discovered that the peach candies that we had tucked away in our sugar packet canister at the office will dissolve in hot tea and make it peach flavored! It’s awesome! What a treat! She’s a genius!
2. My co-worker Kevin’s wife is still hanging tight with their first baby… he’s 47, she’s 42 and they’ve been trying for years. Ten weeks to go until little Raleigh makes his appearance.
3. The weather here is incredible! Perfect weather! It’s the temperature we set our inside thermostat to and it feels wonderful!
4. We’re at full staff today. That rarely happens.
5. I had a great dream the other night about Mr. Drake – thank you for visiting me in my sleep!
6. Shirley is about to take a two week vacation to Niagara Falls. I’m excited for her! They love to travel. I do too, I just can’t afford to right now.
7. I’m thankful for the new meds that I got – they weren’t cheap – but health insurance paid a huge part of the cost. I’m hoping they start working SOON!
8. I had a hard time going to sleep last night… and I woke up early because Stubby the 3Legged Rooster/Cat thought that it was HIGH time for me to get up and fill his bowls. I kept trying to push him away but he kept licking my face. Eventually I just got up.
9. Thursdays are the BEST day on Superpoke Pets because they put new inventory out that you can buy for your pet. I had spent $30k coins before 7am. (It’s not real money – it’s money you earn playing the game). When I get home tonight I can decorate new habitats! Yay!
10. I’m thankful for halls cough drops and tissues. Still.
11. I still really love my keurig single cup coffee maker, especially since I figured out how much cheaper it was to use the “do it yourself” basket and buy espresso blend coffee to serve in it.
12. For that matter, if nothing else, being married to Michael earned us a great coffee maker, a big tv and a Wii. That doesn’t make things even but it softens the blow.
13. Reality tv. Love it. Amazing Race, Hell’s Kitchen, Survivor, The Duggars, Kate plus 8 (yes, I still love them!), Toddlers and Tiaras… I love it all!
14. Leads and lists… it’s where my extra money comes from… chasing down leads.
15. Taco Bell. Cheap lunches!
16. Living off the bounty of the pantry… it’s amazing how long we can go between grocery visits!
Not a bad list, right? I had a nasty sinus headache yesterday and by the end of the day felt like someone had kicked me right in the bridge of the nose! The pressure was UNREAL! I fought it all night and had trouble going to sleep because of it. My cough is less frequent but thicker… I’m not as tired as I was before I started the new meds but my head is more congested. Go figure.
I’m working on marketing today… hitting it hard. Need to start putting money away for Santa and Cody’s wedding.
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I need a new attitude.
Posted by Heather at 10:30 AM