My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, October 16, 2009

life is funny

Life is funny.

I got a “notice of motion to set final hearing for simplified dissolution of marriage” in the mail today at my office. The envelope was addressed by Michael and I didn’t even recognize his handwriting. “Ouser, you have the handwriting of a serial killer”. (that’s from Steel Magnolias) Looks like we’re on our way finally to a conclusion of this nightmare. It was postmarked from Jacksonville so I guess he was in Jax for a bit. Maybe he’s still carrying on his dalliance with her long distance. Guess he left his sons to fend for themselves back in Arizona. All I know is that I hadn’t had any blog traffic from Arizona for the past day or two and today I did. I don’t know why he wants to read my blog. It’s sad, if you think about it. He’s the one who wanted me to leave him alone… yet he stalks my little blog.

In other news… I set a goal for myself of talking to one hundred people about life insurance today. I’m at 44 and the day is about half over. Maybe I’ll get there. I just want to bring in a little extra cha-ching. I have been too busy/distracted/tired/sick to do much in the way of marketing lately. But today… I’m up to the challenge.

I’m feeling good. I’m coughing a little bit but not bad and I FEEEEEEL good! I slept great last night. I left the window in my room open and the chill from outside was just enough to make that soft, fuzzy blanket feel that much better! We’re having temps in the 40’s and 50’s this weekend. It’s crisp but not too cold. The leaves are gorgeous. The sun is bright. No rain. I’m almost free. Life is good!

How crazy was that story of the boy in the balloon? I caught it on cnn.com yesterday afternoon and had to share with my co-workers. Then the balloon came down without the boy and it was sort of morbid thinking that he had been tossed out somewhere over Colorado. All the while he was in the attic. Having raised a child who is prone to disappearing, I can empathize with the parents. It does seem a bit sketchy though. Then this morning… when the poor kid started puking on the Today show… well, I have to admit that I laughed myself silly just because the whole thing is soooo ridiculous!

Like I said, life is funny.

My new syndicated show addiction is The Office. I’m really bad about not catching shows in their initial run and then watching them obsessively in syndication. The Nanny. Tyler Perry’s House of Payne. And so forth. The Office is really funny in an “observation of human nature” kind of way. Each character is so uniquely evolved to be “that person” you’ve worked with at one time or another.

I’m still loving my new hairdo. Honestly, I think it’s the best cut I’ve ever had. It looks a little different every day, depending on the weather and whatever amount of effort I put into it. The length is perfect for me. Wish I’d done this makeover a year ago… but I’m glad I did it now.

In my first week here I took a picture of a beautiful old country church with two trees that were in full fall color on either side of the church. It’s the quintessential fall in the country scene. When I passed by that old church yesterday, the leaves had turned. I teared up… I’ve completed a full cycle… a full year… here in my little mountain home. How blessed I am!

Yesterday was Dean’s birthday. I don’t think he and I had really started talking at this point last year because I don’t remember his birthday. Of course, I was oblivious to a lot at that point. Theresa asked me yesterday if I was going to have an emotional breakdown when the divorce is final – like what I had on our wedding anniversary over the summer. I don’t think so. When I got the paperwork in the mail today I did a fist pump in the air. It feels good. It’s liberating. I’m ready to be done.

And tomorrow is Sarabeth’s birthday party. It’s a fall festival theme… hayrides, facepainting, decorating pumpkins… it will be fun. Angie’s sister Mandy (Aunt Mimi) will be here tonight. I’m always happy for Aunt Mimi when she gets to spend time with the girls because I know she loves them like I love them. She lives a few hours away. When I prompt the girls to say “who’s the best aunt EVER?” And they answer “Aunt Heather” I always add “and Aunt Mimi”.

Time for lunch. Four and a half hours until my weekend starts! God is good!

5 comments:

Dawn said...

The new hair is awesome you look so young!!!!

be well...

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's one of the boys keeping up with you?

Estela said...

I like the new 'do too. :) Glad you are having a good day. Enjoy the weekend! Here in my part of Alabama, it will be fall-like. I will enjoy the brief respite.

Janis said...

Love the new haircut! :) Super cute.

Hope you keep feeling better!

Lazarai said...

Hi Heather!! I just had to stop in and tell you how awesome your new do looks on you -- GREAT CUT!! It really frames your face and looks fantastic.

Take care,
:) Carol