My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

not WHINY Wednesday

I had to laugh… a client of mine picked up a police report from the local city police department. There was only a first name on the outside of the envelope. Last names aren’t needed here, apparently.

Still loving my hair! The humidity was high this morning so I was worried that I’d look like a dirty q-tip… or something… but it worked pretty well. And I could tell that it’s going to look cute curly too. It’s amazing how good a new hairdo can make you feel! I thought that short hair would make me look older… I think it makes me look younger… and more hip… I thought I’d miss tossing my long hair back – Cher style – but it’s ok. I can toss my head and my hair just bounces!

The minister of music from the church I grew up in passed away yesterday. His youngest daughter is due to have her first child in a few weeks… so sad he won’t get to meet her. Through the magic of facebook I’m able to keep in touch with former church members and it was nice to know that people who haven’t been around this family in twenty years – still extending their condolences IMMEDIATELY. Say what you will about social networking, I think it gives us a great opportunity to participate in people’s lives.

Tomorrow is the big day! I’ve been emailing back and forth with Candice and Purple Michael all morning. LOVE them! So excited about seeing them!

I woke up to the sound of rain this morning… made me want to stay in bed. Lately I’m awake until nearly midnight and have a hard time dragging myself out of bed before 7am. It’s a weird schedule for me. We have another month until we “fall back” … so I guess I’ll be going to sleep at ten and waking up at 5am again soon. I dread driving home from work in the dark. The days seem so much shorter here in the mountains once time changes. We fall back an hour and it seems like we lose two hours.

Oh well. Planning – determined – to go to church tonight. I’ve been absent on Wednesday nights for the past month. I’m determined to participate. My nose is still icky and my cough is worse today… but I feel stronger. I don’t have that feeling of complete and absolute exhaustion that I had for awhile there.

Gotta get on the phone and get some appointments scheduled… hope y’all have a great day! And I’m not Whiny! No Whiny Wednesday!

1 comments:

stasha said...

I'm glad your Wednesday wasn't whiny and I'm glad you can to church last night too! Love you!