My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, April 24, 2011

reasons to love Monday

So many reasons to love Monday this week that I hardly know where to start...

There's a Royal Wedding this week... the kind that happens about once a generation... and I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm probably more excited about it than Kate Middleton's mom. Ok. Maybe not more than HER... but I'm still really excited.

And they were nice enough to hold their wedding on my birthday! What a thrill!

And I'm taking the day off... so it's a four day work week!

I spent yesterday watching all kind of random programming about Royal Weddings in the past. Made me sad again for the loss of Princess Diana...

Our stray kid went home yesterday with his mother. They are both determined to make peace and I think with prayer... and patience... they will make it. I could tell yesterday that they had both softened their positions... which is truly an answered prayer.

It was a good weekend. Even having extra kids in the house... or maybe because we had extra kids in the house. It wasn't that long ago that I prayed for Austin to have one Godly friend. This weekend he never even asked to spend time with the kids who are a bad influence on him... and there were a couple extra nice, respectful and respectable kids hanging around.

I'm so proud of how loyal he was to his friend when he was in trouble. They had such a painful falling out... barely a month ago... and yet, when this guy needed Austin, Austin didn't hold a grudge. No matter what other shortcomings he may have, Austin is a very forgiving person and loyal to a fault.

I've had a migraine for the past two days. This worries me some because of the tachycardia and high blood pressure readings last week. She mentioned things to look for that would signal a problem if they occurred in conjunction with the tach. I will call the doctor but... this is the same doctor who remembers you for the five minutes she's in front of you and provides no help at all when she's not.

Yesterday at walmart my bp was 138/96 and my pulse was 97... but I was at walmart picking up stuff that I had left there the day before which HIGHLY aggravated me because the cashier was trying to rush me through to help the person behind me - she was already ringing up their stuff before I had even put my debit card back in my purse... and when I said "is that everything?" and started to spin the little carousel, she stopped it and said, "that's all"... and then I got home and realized I had left four items behind totaling about $12. Money is too tight for me to give Walmart $12. Fortunately, they keep a list at the customer service counter of things that are left behind. Unfortunately, they didn't even have the decency to apologize for my inconvenience ... and it was... terribly inconvenient. They were out of one of the items so I got the closest thing they had to it... it was the exact same price but it required (for inventory's sake) that the customer service girl do a return of the original item and she made sure I knew how inconvenient that was for her. *eyeroll*

At any rate... the headache has been rather unpleasant but because of it, I slept quite a bit yesterday and I'm sure that helped. I'll stop and pick up some more ibuprofen on the way to work - I was out yesterday and felt too icky to get in the car and drive somewhere - I think that will knock it out.

But it's Monday... and I have a car that runs and a job to go to and a birthday this week (did I mention that already? oh well) and a day off on my birthday and it's going to be a good week weather wise, with temps in the low eighties... and ... yeah... I can manage to love Monday this week. I hope you can too!

0 comments: