My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, June 2, 2011

quick update

Gotta do this quick... I slept in this morning. I got up about 4:30, then went back to sleep until a few minutes ago. I actually used an alarm. It's bizarre.


My stomach is a mess again. I'm so drained. My "no worries" Wednesday ended when I went to wake austin up and he wasn't in his bed. It took me five hours to track him down. I went into work... crying hysterically and barely managed to hold it together long enough to get my paycheck before I left. I HAD to get my check in the bank before two. Ugh. I was a mess.

By the time I found him and had it out with him, I had a blinding headache. I called out sick for the rest of the day.

So this morning when I wake up with an upset stomach again... just like on Friday... I know I really can't afford to call in sick. I'm going to try to push through, drink a lot of pepto and pray.

Austin's excuse was that they "fell asleep" playing video games. I think he was up to no good. I think I wouldn't have worried so much if we hadn't had two people shot in Cleveland last week. And the week before that, a guy tried to rob the little convenience store at the front of our subdivision. I was on more of a heightened alert about the dangers around us than usual. And bears. People have been seeing a lot more bears. Literally... I worried that he had snuck out and gotten mauled by a bear.

I know it's irrational. It's the Jewish mother in me... my kid is either where he's supposed to be or he's dead on the side of the road. I can't help it.

PLUS... he missed school. Again. And they are having exams this week. Fortunately... he didn't have an exam scheduled for yesterday. I just... sometimes he's just too much.

Something new, though, he actually exhibited remorse. He accepted blame, didn't disassociate from the situation, profusely apologized. It was progress at least.

Anyways... that's the quick recap... gotta get ready for work. Prayers appreciated!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sound's like he is needing a father figure to straighten him out.