My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, May 18, 2009

Monday night

I get really aggravated about the amount of advertising about the DTV switch. It just seems like a big old government handout - "make sure all the poor people can watch tv". Not that poor people don't deserve to watch tv. Just that I think poor people need food and ... well... food... more than they need clear television.



I still really love TMZ and am adding my crush, Max, the long haired blonde guy, to my list of really awesome left-handed people. Like me.



Work was stressful today. Change of subject. Ok. Not yet. Work is just taking a lot out of me. I find myself getting depressed around every pay day. Go figure. I feel like I'm giving a lot of myself and working hard... and just getting tired. There are times that it's a real joy. It's no salt mine. But if I had my life to live over again, I would never have put myself in a position to take such a drastic pay cut. I know that I'm blessed... many people are out of work. It's just hard to know more, be more experienced, work harder and work longer and make less. We've talked about it. It's just not Duane's philosophy to pay more than an "administrative wage". He expects us to earn the rest in commission. Lucky me... it's a recession and nobody's buying.



I still love Kate Gosselin. She is another of my favorite famous lefties. I don't know what the real story is with her and Jon but... I don't think she's a horrible person. She's real. She is reacting like any real girl would if she came into a bit of fame and money. And no doubt Jon is reacting like any man would. I'm just saying. I'm not saying any of it is right. I'm just saying it's real. What made me start watching them in the first place was fascination with the reality of having eight kids.



The ad teaser that just came on was all about their marital problems, "Jon and Kate face each other for the first time next Monday". Oh boy! Reality trainwreck! I really want them to work it out. I always vote for happily ever after.



I have gotten to the point where my fatigue exceeds my hunger. I never thought that would happen! Tonight for dinner i had raisin bran. It was just easier. Since (if you saw in my earlier post) I "did not" forget to put the roast in the crockpot. I thought for a brief moment about making cornbread but that involved more commitment than I was willing to make. Hmmm... cereal!



I actually went to the grocery store this weekend. Austin and I are coming in at about $50 a week for groceries - which is not bad - but I also spend more than I should in picking up breakfast and lunch during the week for myself so I need to swing the pendulum a little stronger toward the grocery store and further away from the McDonald's fruit and yogurt parfaits.



I really enjoyed getting to spend time with Ryan and his sweet girlfriend Marie this weekend. My time with them was too short and their time together was too short too... they live so far apart! Where there is a will, there is a way. They'll figure it out. She has another year and a half of college and he's in a job where - although he travels quite a bit - he is based in Pennsylvania.



Watching an old episode of J&K+8 - she said, "Joel cries every time Jon goes anywhere. It's like he thinks he's not coming back. Maybe he knows something I don't". Awww... Her article in People magazine this week is sad.



I did one of those "how well do you know me" quizzes on Facebook. So far, my friend Mary (who has known me for 30+ years!) is the only one to get 100. She was always an overachiever! I'm really bad at these tests. I think it's easier for the people who read my blog than for people in my real life or old friends. Just for the record, though, I have four brothers. Crunch-n-munch didn't know that answer. How can you know me and not know i have four brothers? I mean... that's probably the third thing I say in an introduction: My name is Heather, I am the mother of three and I have four brothers.



Ok... time for me to bring this really boring entry to a close. Love and hugs, y'all!

2 comments:

Myra said...

C&M still in the picture? I wonder if the J&K thing is a publicity stunt. Just saying. Times are just tough all over.

Heather said...

C&M is only really in the facebook picture. there's nobody in the picture. On purpose. I really just don't have the energy or the heart for relationships right now. Maybe one day. Not now.

heather