My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

It's Thankful Thursday again, people! I left a status update on Facebook challenging people to list what they're thankful for... and I'll do a quick one here as well... just 'cuz...

I'm thankful that I'm not feeling as sick as I had been over the past couple of days. A wave of nausea here and there but for the most part, I'm cool.

I'm thankful that SO FAR into the summer, Austin hasn't destroyed anything. Yet. That I know of.

I'm thankful that the heathens who banged on my door all night Tuesday night didn't come back last night. I was prepared to meet them at the door with the bb gun.

I'm thankful for Theresa's help... Ginger's out today (tomorrow, Monday, etc) and I have to take on her tasks when she's not here... but since I was feeling so bad on Tuesday and out yesterday, I'm swamped. Theresa jumped right in to help... which took a lot of stress off of me.

I'm thankful for lean cuisines. I'm considering starting a separate weight loss blog because there are so many *real life* people who read this blog who I really don't want to share my weight/weight struggles with, if you know what I mean... and I feel like I can't speak openly about those issues. Glad folks love me enough to read my blog... wanna keep some details just between me and my girls. Lean cuisines, however, are a great quick, easy, low cal lunch for me. I'll let you know if I start the other blog and invite the ones who have been part of the weight loss struggle with me.

I'm thankful for carmex, lip gloss, etc... I'm obsessed.

I'm thankful for Beth Moore. I'm reading a book about David called, "A Heart Like His" and it's a great inspiration to me. She really breaks things down in a way I can understand.

I'm thankful for the mountains. "I lift mine eyes unto the hills...." When I first moved here, my sweet friend Matt said, "you're in God's country now". I didn't fully understand what he meant but I do now. I love this quiet, beautiful, inspirational corner of the world.

I'm thankful for my job. Payday is tomorrow - which is always a little depressing because it comes and it's gone in a heartbeat... especially since I had a sick day this pay period, I'll be struggling for the next two weeks. But I'm still thankful for what I have, what I get, the opportunity to go to work every day... I know a lot of people are without and... the truth is, somehow I get by.

Hope you all have a great Thursday and that you take a minute to count your blessings. Love and hugs, y'all!

1 comments:

Myra said...

Each of us has so much to be thankful for, and while it may be easier to focus on what one doesn't have, just by opening our hearts, we are rich beyond measure! Glad you're feeling better!