My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, May 17, 2009

sunday

Nothing new here. Well, except my new laptop which I continue to be so grateful for that I can't even begin to explain... but I am loving it, loving being able to just surf.

I made some burgers up yesterday like I used to do back in the days when I ate healthy in hopes of rekindling that love for eating healthy. I do love healthy food. Honest. More than I love those double stuff oreos that Austin and I bought last night... that we made a special trip in to town to buy last night... but anyways... the burgers... ground chicken, mushed up chickpeas, spinach, mushrooms, garlic, a little bit of ground beef and an egg to bind it all together. These are my healthy alternative to burgers. I think next time I'll leave out the beef completely. I love chickpeas. I could live on chickpeas. I've mentioned before that one of my favorite side dishes is roasted chickpeas... just a can or two of chickpeas drained and then drizzled with olive oil and seasoned with whatever seasoning I fancy at the moment. So next round of burgers will be half and half chicken and chickpea. I made up a dozen of these burgers and froze them for "fast food". Tonight we're having the half meat/half veggie burgers and couscous. Austin loves couscous.

Ryan and his girlfriend Marie came up for a visit yesterday. Ryan lives in Pennsylvania and Marie lives in Alabama so this was a rare treat. I had hoped Cody and Marquee would come too but it was just Ryan and Marie. We did the regular tourist thing... go to Helen, have North Georgia BBQ, walk through Helen, go to Fred's Peanut Shack and then go see Jim and Angie and the girls. I still love living here! It was a thousand percent humidity but still a great time.

Today has been pajama Sunday, other than getting out long enough for Sunday School and Worship Service. Bubba was preaching today and I love my Sunday School class... but we were still home by about 12:30 and have been enjoying a peaceful, lazy Sunday ever since.

Dinner is almost ready... just wanted to say hello... more later, maybe...
love and hugs!

1 comments:

Myra said...

Eating healthy is not as difficult as we make it to be. Just gotta plan. Maybe this is the kick you need (after you finish the Oreos!)