My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, December 17, 2010

the elves have visited

I seriously have the best friends in the world.
While I stayed cozy in my nest today and dozed off and on... three of my friends came over and scrubbed my house from top to bottom, redecorated, shampooed carpets, filled my pantry with healthy stuff... it's amazing.
It's still a work in progress or I'd take pics to share.
There is all new bedding... new end tables, lamps, shower curtain, rugs, towels, pictures, shelves... it's amazing.
I'm so grateful and so humbled. I mean... God bless Alisa... she scrubbed Austin's bathroom and I'm afraid to even GO in there.
My laundry is done.
My house looks all comfy and cozy.
It smells so clean.
It really is simply amazing. With all due respect to my Garmin last year... and the Valentines Day makeover from years ago... it's the best gift ever.
Just to make my house feel like a home.
And honestly... I have done nothing. I barely moved all day.
AND it's not as if these ladies have nothing to do... two of them have four children a piece... the other has two that she homeschools. This was a huge sacrifice of their time and talents and money.
It's inspiring.
Makes me want to get up and finish everything but I won't.
Not feeling very good.
Going to have another early night and pray that I have the strength tomorrow to do the shopping and prep that I need to for Christmas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! God Bless you AND the wonderful "helpers" ... (God's or Santa's). Heather .... you deserve the Blessing : )

Love,
~patty

Adirondackcountrygal said...

What a great gift!