My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, December 16, 2010

thankful thursday


On my lap I have: a laptop, a remote control, a pillow, a snuggie and a kitty cat. Getting up takes an act of congress. And with this current congress... that's even more difficult. They can't agree on NOTHING.

I'm in a lot of pain today. The pain changed... it was more of a stabbing pain with each breath... now it's a searing hot pain and it's from my armpit to my waist. It's definitely different.

SOOOooo... as soon as the roads thaw... I'm going to try to be seen by my doctor again. Something is not right.

Also... I'm up 8 - count 'em EIGHT pounds from last week. Other than the frito overindulgence (only one small bag) I have eaten completely on plan for the past week... have barely even dipped into my extra points, just using my daily points so my uneducated non-medical opinion is that there is swelling somewhere in my body... that's a lot of extra weight. There's only a tiny bit of swelling in my hands so there's something causing a weight gain SOMEWHERE on my body.

I'm sorta worried.

I'm also worried about missing more work but I'm in no kinda shape to do anything more than what I'm doing at this moment... being a big cozy cat bed.

Atlanta had freezing rain overnight. Say what you will about the way southern folks freak out in wintry weather... nobody but nobody can drive on a solid sheet of ice. I'm waiting for the sun to come up to survey my corner of the world. It just looks wet to me. The temps are hovering around freezing.

School has been cancelled for the second time this week. We got a robo-call at 5:45 am and it scared the be-jeezus out of me when the phone rang, even though I was already awake.

My friend Cyndi *waves to Cyndi* suggested that I need a colon cleansing to get rid of the extra weight. Things have been... moving along just fine... so I don't think that's the problem but thanks.

This is supposed to be a Thankful Thursday post. I'm not doing a very good job.

Jim and Angie stopped by the office yesterday together. I was a little worried... were they coming to share bad news so they came together? Noooo... they were coming to tell me they were leaving to drive down to Jacksonville so they could leave on a cruise to the Bahamas today! It's their 16th anniversary. I'm the emergency contact person for the girls while they're gone but I'm sure I won't be needed. They have an amazingly capable babysitter. They just realized they had not talked to me since Thanksgiving (because I have virtually dropped off the face of the earth since I've been sick - it's been work, necessary errands and home).
The picture at the top of this post is the replacement Heather that my bible study group made for me last night since I've been out. Apparently they haven't seen me since I got my brows waxed.
I don't feel good. I don't feel good about not feeling good. I know y'all are tired of hearing it and I'm tired of being it. I could stop blogging since I don't have anything to blog about except my health and the weather... but then y'all would worry about me.
OK... Thankful Thursday... here we go:
I'm thankful for friends who check on me when I'm not feeling good.
I'm thankful that people miss me when I'm not around.
I'm thankful for an employer who understands that I've worked hard at being healthy this year.
I'm thankful for Jim and Angie and the strength of their marriage, that they take time for each other.
I'm thankful that Bryan and Candice are enjoying their winter vacation to Prague and Vienna, althoug I miss chatting with my girl.
I'm thankful that I don't have to feel guilty about my weight gain... I don't like it, but I know it's not from overindulgence. (other than the fritos)
I'm thankful for the cyber world that keeps me from feeling isolated when I don't feel like playing with the 3 dimensional people.
I'm thankful for my pretty pink Christmas tree.
I'm thankful for wintry weather, for the cold and the ice and the snow.
I'm thankful that I'm in the habit of preparing meals in advance so when I don't feel good, I still have good food to eat.
I'm thankful for every time that God redirects me from a relationship that isn't right for me. I may not like it at the time, but it's easier than falling in love and then figuring out he's Mr. Wrong.
I'm thankful for my laptop, my snuggie, my remote, my text machine (aka cellphone), for satellite tv, for good medical care...
Ok. That wasn't so hard and I do feel better. Hope you have a beautiful day, stay warm and safe!
*hugs*

6 comments:

LYN said...

make you sure you tell the docs that the weight gain is not from over eating..you may have fluid build up..in your lungs??..not good at all...
hope you feel better soon...

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're going back to the doc today, Heather. Let them do what they need to do to get you better. A very short course of prednisone won't kill your weight loss efforts. You may put on a few pounds, but they WILL come right off once you finish the med, especially with being on WW. Just get well.

Hugs.
~Patty

Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! Glad you are going back to the doctor. Doug has been hospitalized before with pleurisy, so be careful - and I know it hurts!
Ly,
Mary

Anonymous said...

I hate to say this I dont want to scare you But it sounds like you have shilgles and if you do You really need to get in right away My mom just got Shingles and its everything you just said Please do not over look this people can die from this God Bless you get beeter soon!

Dutch said...

I hope you feel better soon Heather. You really need to make it to the doctor because like you said something isn't right. Hugs

Sweetnessk71 said...

hey there. I have been reading your blog on and off since good ole aol days. I'm keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I'm not much of a commenter but am going to try to do more of that from now on. Hope you get better..I know how it is to get so sick and have a hard time breathing. Every lil cold I get becomes a big on with my asthma. I'm fighting one right now and it's not fun for sure. Take care :)