My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, December 25, 2010

White Christmas in White County

My White Christmas... first measurable snow in Atlanta since 1882... and it won't be gone at least until Monday.

It's still coming down out there... has been since about 11am today!
(pictures aren't in order... sorry) Yesterday Sarabeth asked me to bring my snuggie when I came to spend the night. She remembered that I had gotten one last year and she wanted to borrow it. Little did she know that her mommy had bought her a snuggie of her very own!
It's hard for me to get a good picture of Stubby the 3Legged Wondercat since he's so dark... I thought this was a nice shot of him watching the snow... he has been absolutely mesmerized by it.
If this isn't the CUTEST blue eyed red headed freckle faced little girl that ever lived... I don't know who could be... how can you not love that little face?
My Bubba and his family on Christmas Eve... while Jamie explains a gift that she made for him... (the girls are wearing outfits that I bought for them... aren't they cute?)


After church on Christmas Eve... my three little dolls... Jamie and Sarabeth and in between is their good friend Emily.
Jamie loves her cousin Cody...

me and my two younger boys... Austin and Cody...
my beautiful daughter in law, Marquee...
me and the Codester...

I asked for a good chefs knife... this is what my son Ryan sent to me...
I love this baby girl! She'll be six in four more days... it seems like just yesterday she was born... but yet, I also can't remember a world without her sweet spirit. She is too precious for words. Last night at bedtime, she prayed to ask Jesus into her heart. She'll be baptized in January. Her faith is so simple and honest... it really reminded me how we need to come to Jesus with such faith and trust...
Christmas was about as close to perfect as it could be... full of food, faith, family... I had a great time spending the night with Jim and Angie. Loved being there when the girls opened their gifts. And made it home before the snow started... by about an hour. I used that time to take out the trash and pick up a bit so that I could just settle into the nest for the duration of the storm. It's been a very peaceful day. My parents got me an electric blanket and Bitty and I have been curled up under/on top of it. Jim and Angie got me a rice cooker so I've been experimenting with it. So far I've made brown rice... perfect!... and split pea soup with ham. I've got a pantry full of dried beans and grains so I'll be experimenting.
There's a good two or three inches of wet snow out there and once the temperature goes below freezing, it's going to stay there for the next 36 hours+. I'll be tucked in the nest for a little while still to come... and that... to me... is a PERFECT Christmas!
Hope yours was Merry too!

3 comments:

Becky said...

So happy that your Christmas was Christmas Eve my daughter and I made ourselves a nice dinner and opened presents... this morning we made a nice breakfast and watched some old Disney Christmas cartoons. This afternoon she went to her boyfriend's family's house and I had a very peaceful afternoon reading and playing with my new watercolors. :)

Becky said...

Oops, some words got cut off above! That was supposed to be "so happy that your Christmas was a good one, mine was, too!"

Anonymous said...

"I asked for a good chefs knife... this is what my son Ryan sent to me.."

Also serves as a warning to perspective suitors that they should be good to you!