My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, May 16, 2011

i'm not a freak... reasons to love Monday

Here we are again... back at Monday. Yippee.
I wouldn't mind the work week so much if it didn't hurt so bad. Otherwise, I rather enjoy what I do. We've got a great "team" right now... very little drama... we genuinely enjoy each other... pleasant working environment (other than being painful for me)... it's a job I'm comfortable and confident performing... we've got a good book of business... small town feel... nice office...
Pretty much, I could say that other than being uncomfortable most of the time, I've got a good life.
Other than the fact that it's been 23 days since I last got any child support. Which, seems to be the way it happens for me. I get caught up on things... the kids' dad pulls a disappearing act... and it takes me months to catch up. Makes me think (once again) that I should sue for back child support. I've allowed him to pay about 60% of what he's supposed to pay all these years... I don't know. I don't really have the energy to initiate a legal process with him but if I have to...
I spent the weekend in pjs, as usual. Got my errands run on Saturday morning... Austin helped, cheerfully. Since then it's been round the clock reality tv.
I think watching the freak shows makes me feel better about my life:
I may not be exactly who I want to be but I'm not getting a sex change.
I may not be the best housekeeper but I'm not a hoarder.
I may have had financial problems but I'm not one of those fools trying to fight with a repo man in the street.
I'm not one of those cracked out folks running from COPS.
I'm not in prison for some skanky fight with my baby daddy.
I don't have 19 kids.
I'm overweight but I'm not half a ton.
I may not have made the best marital choices but I didn't marry a rock star.
Matter of fact... there's not much in my life that would be reality tv worthy and I think that's my ultimate goal in life... I don't have to be the best at anything, i just have to maintain enough dignity to not be a freak show. Stay out of the news, that's my goal in life.
I don't mind hanging out with freaks... as a matter of fact... I think I've been "freak adjacent" for much of my life... and very comfortable allowing them to have the spotlight while I run around backstage keeping their props in order.
At any rate... it's time for my "reasons to love Monday"...
1. Jamie Gant is graduating from kindergarten on Friday!
2. Most of the laundry got done this weekend. None of it got put away but... at least it's clean.
3. It's cool and crisp this morning.
4. I'm about as well rested as a person can be. If I were any more rested, you'd have to resuscitate me.
5. Austin is demonstrating a new maturity... he's cooperative... voluntarily helping out. His attitude has been good. I hope this is the start of a new stage for him.
6. My car is running, I've got a job to go to, today is payday... all good things.

That's it for today... must get started on the glam routine... staff meeting at 8. Hope you all find reasons to love Monday this week!

0 comments: