My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

reasons to love Monday/Tuesday

I didn't know if we had staff meeting or not today so I came in to work. This makes two weeks in a row that I have been here when I didn't need to be. Last time I started work early. This time I'm not.

It's Tuesday! Yay! At the end of today we will have conquered another month and will have survived through another pay period.

That's what it feels like for me... living for the weekend... living for the next paycheck... and I don't mean to wish my life away. You can like the life you're living or you can live the life you like. I think I do the first one. I could change a lot of things... if I wanted... but there are a lot of things I can't change and I don't stress over them too much.

My kid is a solid C student. Could I pressure him and punish him into being an A student. maybe. I doubt it. I celebrate the good stuff he does and encourage him to do better.

I've been incredibly weak this past week. I napped twice on Sunday. Two long naps. Then went to bed before nine. And was still tired yesterday... although I didn't nap any.

I've been sitting at my desk for seven minutes and my back already hurts. That's how long it takes to undo 4 days of rest: seven minutes. So frustrating. My friend Cyndi commented the other day about me applying for disability. I can't even imagine living off disability... or being approved for it. Of course... I've got a dozen different diagnosis' so... maybe one of them would be a winner. I'm just not ready to be that person yet.

Austin's best cousin, Devyn, graduated from high school on Friday. We didn't get an invitation but we wouldn't have gone anyways... Austin has no patience or appreciation for those kind of obligatory ceremonies and my back couldn't handle it.

Our office sure is stuffy and hot this morning.

Ok... reasons to love Tuesday...
1. It's not Monday
2. I had a good long 4 day weekend
3. This is a four day work week
4. Tomorrow is payday
5. It's hot outside but the a/c works great. Probably.
6. In ten short hours I will be curled up in my nest.
7. Big Brother starts in a month or so.
8. I've got a snacky picnic packed for lunch: grapes, yogurt, hummus, crackers, walnuts. Hopefully I'll find a cool shady spot.

Gonna post this and ... do something. Fifteen more minutes until time to start working.

Love and hugs

1 comments:

Sweetnessk71 said...

hey there,,, I love big brother too and I cant wait for it to start :) Hope your day goes quick so you can get some rest