My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, May 8, 2011

just. plain. tired.

Happy Mother's Day y'all... I'm sure for me it will be a quiet one and I'm glad. The only thing on the old agenda today is to get Austin some shoes. We'll probably grab a bite to eat somewhere... depending on the crowds.

I have been so exhausted over the past week. I don't know if it's the blood pressure meds or the high blood pressure or the fact that I'm having these episodes of tachycardia or the cymbalta or the cumulative effect of four months of pain or ... who knows. I've been in bed before 8pm every night... dragging myself through the work day... barely able to function. Austin has been great... cooperative... not asking much of me. I feel bad for feeling bad but... it is what it is... and it's certainly not something I chose for myself.

I've also really lost my appetite which is TOTALLY unlike me. I'll call the doctor back on Monday to see what the blood tests from my birthday showed... if my white blood cells are still elevated like they were ten days before the last blood test. They said then that there was either infection somewhere or it was just the result of the steroid injections.

I got a great package in the mail yesterday (thanks Terri!) with two new books to read. I can't wait to get started on them...

I ran my errands early yesterday... had to make a walmart run because the toaster broke last week. I bought a toaster, a new can opener (which also broke last week) and a new set of glasses. We seem to never be able to keep glasses in this house... Austin... so I bought a cheap set. I also bought Austin a set of plastic cups. He's supposed to use only paper and plastic because things wind up lost when he uses them. Sad that at 17 he's still like that... but again, it is what it is.

I also stopped off at the grocery store to pick up a few things. I'm really just not cooking lately... I've been living off cereal and pb&j.... it's just easier. Austin prefers grilled chicken or grilled burgers on the George Foreman grill... which he fortunately makes for himself.

I've been so tired lately that I missed Jamie and Sarabeth's field day. Jamie had to leave, poor girlie, because she was sick. Her oxygen level was really low and she was just feeling horrible. I wanted to go for Sarabeth but you have to park so far away from where their field day activities are held... I knew that if I exhausted all that energy walking around to the back of the school that I would never make it through the rest of the work day. I hate feeling this way...

Wonder if I could get a B12 shot to perk me up?

At any rate... I was finished with my errands early - by 8am - and spent the rest of the day resting. I napped off and on all day. I'm thinking today will be much the same...

Hope you all have a beautiful mother's day.... whether you are a mother or have a mother or HAD a mother... take a few moments to reflect on the blessings that come from this most sacred role...

love and hugs, y'all.

1 comments:

mawmaw said...

B 12 shots do not help me but they do some people. I am sorry you feel so bad and are so tired. I love you