My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, May 5, 2011

thankful thursday

It's thankful Thursday and I'm glad I've structured my blog in such a way that I have these recurring themes. It helps me get my attitude right... it may be a little boring for y'all... but it's what gets me through the week. And I am definitely thankful that we're more than halfway through the week.

I'm exhausted. One hundred percent barely able to function completely wiped out. I have worked every minute that I was scheduled to work this week (sad that that's remarkable but it is) and it has been a sheer battle of will and matter of prayer. I'm thankful that God has sustained me... carried me...

I haven't mentioned this yet because I worry about putting myself at risk but I got a little tax refund this year... emphasis on little... but it enabled me to catch up on a few things that I've been paying a little late and instead of the usual worry about what I have to pay before something gets cut off or taken away, I have a small amount of breathing room. I'm thankful for that little bit of peace.

I owe less than $500 on my car now... and it's only the fees I'm still paying for the whole fiasco a year ago... so close. I'm thankful... and prayerful that little car is gonna last me a lot longer.

I woke up this morning with red, itchy, runny eyes... I mini-panicked thinking it was a pink-eye attack... but it seems to just be a little allergy deal. I think. I will check carefully... I can go to work in pain but I can't go to work contagious. Common courtesy.

Today is the National Day of Prayer. I'm thankful for prayer. Prayer is my crutch. I'm thankful for how much I need prayer for myself because it reminds me to pray for others too. I'm thankful for the evidence of answered prayers in my life and in the lives of those around me.

Something else I'm really thankful for... I went through a time of truly aching for someone to share my life. I continually prayed that God would either bring that special someone into my life or change my mind about wanting someone. I'm not sure when it happened but someone asked the question the other day, "what's a pretty girl like you doing alone?" and I could honestly answer, "it's what God wants for me and it's what I want". And mean it. I have grown to love this life so much. I'm no longer envious of my coupled friends. I'm satisfied... content... at peace.

The weather is cool this morning - 37 degrees - and I'm thankful for a last blast of cool air before the hot sticky summer starts. It will be very hot very soon.

Hope you all have a great Thursday. Love and hugs!

0 comments: