Monday, we meet again. Although you pretty much resemble every other day of the week right now... with one slight exception of having to wake the grumpy man child and send him off for his last few weeks of school. Years of working have conditioned me to not like you... but I try... every week... to find Reasons to Love Monday. Here goes!
- I remembered to buy coffee yesterday. Muy bueno!
- I'm adapting to my new schedule and actually slept until 6am.
- I have a nasty cough that has developed over the past few days. I don't have to worry about infecting anyone else but the casts.
- I figured out how to order my prescription refills online. MUCH easier than trying to punch in all those numbers on my cellphone.
- I got notice of the new hearing: next Monday, May 14th. I need to line up a land line to use for it. No more dropped calls!
- I spent a long time tracing one branch of my family tree last night - it was ridiculous how far it went! A few ancestors were born in the Middle Ages in St. Donats Castle (which I read as "St. Doughnuts Castle) in Wales. I'll be doing a little research on that today.
- I think what interests me most about genealogy is not the begats or knowing how long my ancestors have been Americans but the individual stories that form our rich history. Those are my treasures.
- I also love finding out how many branches of the family tree came through the North... or Canada... I still maintain that I am a thoroughly Southern girl because there is without a doubt a branch that came through the Port of Savannah when Georgia was just a debtors colony... but it's interesting to see the various ways that my people came over.
- There's a lot, a lot of Welsh and French and Irish. I think we're pretty much as WASP-y (White, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant) as you can get.
I feel like such a novice with this stuff... I'm sure there's a better way to compile data than writing it out in a little notebook but I've never really done research... so it's what I have to work with at the moment.
So anyways... that's my Monday. It seems like a weird time in my life to be devoting so much time to researching the past when I really need to figure out what the future holds. Or maybe it's the perfect time. I think in order to know where we're going, we have to think about where we've been. And in order to understand who we are, we have to know a little about our ancestors.
Hope Monday leads you on your own exciting journey... and that no matter what is going on in your life, that you'll find Reasons to Love Monday, too.