My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Sunday, February 21, 2010

happy Sunday!

it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood....

I don't have firsthand knowledge of this because for me it's been pj and ponytail Sunday. Yes. I skipped church. I just couldn't get motivated to go through the semi-glam routine. I just wanted to stay put. So I did. Without guilt. I just needed a whole day off.

I did manage to clean out my closet and put away the mountain of clean clothes that had accumulated at the end of my bed. I even dusted and rearranged my Barbies and they haven't been moved since I moved in.

Yesterday I did my big cooking chores... made a huge pot of this awesome soup... and our usual turkey/veggie meatloaves. If I get extra motivated I'll type the recipe for the soup... actually.. I emailed it to my sister-out-law Candice. I'll just copy and paste:

sautee 1/2 an onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 a yellow pepper, 1/2 a orange pepper, 1 poblano pepper and 1 stalk of celery in olive oil
then add 2 cups of collard greens (or kale) and wilt it down a bit
once those are translucent, add 8 cups of water and 2 packages of onion soup mix
once that is heated, add 1 cup of lentils
after about ten minutes add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms, 1/2 cup of sliced green onions and 1 can of coconut milk
sautee one chicken breast - slice and add to soup

It was sooooo good! The coconut milk gives it sort of a thai flavor. I love thai food and haven't had any in sooooo long!

There is enough junk food left over from Austin's party to last us a month.. which means it will last a week. I'm doing a good job of staying out of it. I really just prefer the good stuff.

Austin was so burned out on junk food that he asked for tofu for dinner last night. So there you go.

I'm excited about my tv watching tonight.... Jeff and Jordan on the Amazing Race... the olympics (what little bit I'm watching of it)... and I've had fun playing online today too.

The Lord reminded me this weekend just how far I've come. It feels good to feel strong. it feels good to know that I was destined for much greater things than I had thought. Life is good!

Happy Sunday y'all!

0 comments: