My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Saturday, February 27, 2010

insert witty blog entry here

I'm completely worthless today and I don't care.
I haven't eaten healthy. I haven't eaten UNHEALTHY but I haven't done my 5-9 servings of fruit and veggies. And I don't care.
I woke up at 5am and realized there had been an earthquake in Chile.
I have been watching CNN and Fox News almost continuously since then. And I don't care.
I mean... I don't care that I've been news obsessed today. Not that I don't care about the earthquake. Obviously, if I've been watching the news for 13 hours, I have a mild interest.
I thought about going out for a biscuit and gravy for my usual Saturday indulgence.
And then I realized that I had been indulgent all week so I didn't get a biscuit.
I also realized that getting a biscuit would involved putting on clothes. And shoes. And so I didn't.
I thought about making a grocery store run but I remembered the whole clothes/shoes requirement... plus having to brush my hair... which I wouldn't have to do in the drive thru.
I'm totally in love with Toby on The Office. I love how calm he is.
Of course, I'm also in love with Jim... cracks me up how he makes those goofy faces.
Michael Scott just makes me feel sorry for him. Bless his heart. (which is southern for "why are you so stupid?")
People who are socially unaware are so sad.
It's getting dark and I need to turn on a light. But I don't care.
Today is a real essay in apathy.
I did, however, sweep the kitchen floor. That one act was the only thing that has separated my behavior today from the cat's behavior. Well, that and thumbs. And the fact that I use a flushable vs. scratchable waste disposal unit.
How's that snow working out for y'all?
We have forecasted snow on Tuesday and so I imagine that I'll get into my anxious snow watch mode some time tomorrow. Ugh. Can we do spring already? I'm ready for North GA BBQ to open up again.
The bakery is supposed to open in the next week. I had planned to be down 10 pounds by the time they opened back up. Maybe I should just avoid the bakery until I've lost ten pounds?
I'm sorta wanting Captain D's for dinner.
I'm not going to do it though, partly because I've indulged too much in the past week.
I'm also avoiding runts... which you can buy by the pound at the Ingles in town.
I'm thinking about having leftover soup from last week. Only. I'm not sure if it's still good after a week.
Aren't you glad I took the time to bore you today?
Have a great evening! Watch out for shaking earth and high water! And snow! The sky is falling!
Love and hugs!

2 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

LOL at your entry...I know what you feel like on those days...not wanting to go or get dressed and just kinda mimic the cat. It is nice just staying home. I indulged myself and had a cinnamon donut to feed my craving. I usually do NOT want anything sweet. But it was a wonderful cinnamon bun thingy and fresh and still had heat from the oven where the owner had made them fresh that morning. Hungry? lol Have a good day.

Lainey Laine said...

I get days where I just dont care! I like days when you just dont have to care! Hope you enjoyed rest of weekend xxxx