My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, February 25, 2010

sick thursday

Austin mentioned on Tuesday night that Devyn had gotten sick at school.
Yesterday morning Austin called my office at 9:45 to tell me he was sick. I left work, drove like a crazed woman to the high school to get him, ran the errand I needed to run on lunch and was back at work in one hour and ten minutes. I skipped lunch to make up for the lost time.
This morning I was all dressed and ready to go. The car was warmed up. I was putting my bag in the car and I felt a wave of nausea hit me. Great. I spent my work day... feeling pretty gross.
That was my day. How was yours?

A family in our church lost their home to fire last night. It's odd... I've been working on trying to get their insurance business moved to our agency. She's been putting me off. So... from a claims experience standpoint, I'm glad they didn't move their business yet. From the standpoint of being able to be there for them in a way that I know our agency would have been... I wish they had moved their business already. Our church, not surprisingly, has responded by gathering furniture for them, providing meals for them, giving them money, helping them to find a place to live. The local elementary school is holding a clothing drive. It's tragic... so sad. I don't know them that well but she's one of my farmville neighbors and she gifts often. *smile*

I'm still feeling sorta yucky and having trouble stringing together intelligent sentences...

Hope you guys are having a great day. Love and hugs!

1 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Just saying hi. Sorry your friend had the fire. We had a family in my daughter's school that had that happen. And they rallied around them. Even the kids had their own little fundraisers. It is wonderful when families and organizations come together to help at times like this. I know the families revive their faith as well when this happens. Hope you have a great weekend.