My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, February 11, 2010

thankful thursday

I have, like, two minutes before my lunch is over. I just wanted to share some quick things.

My sweet friend Amy who worked for my uncle for ten years has been fired by the guy who replaced my uncle. Lots of politics involved... much like the politics I dealt with while choosing an agency in Jacksonville. Amy is awesome at what she does, she's a single mom and she is very afraid for her future. Please, if you pray, lift her up in your prayers. I can't imagine what she's going through. Well, I kinda sorta can because I've kinda sorta been there. My heart is breaking for her.

I'm doing the Beth Moore "So Long Insecurity" online bible study. I don't have time to do a link for you... google "Living proof ministries" and you should find it. Today we got our first questions and they were right in line with what Amy is dealing with.

One thing that really resonated with me is the concept of being able to take the promises God has made for us and actually apply those to my life... to believe that what He has said he will do, he will do, even for ME. Despite the wicked, horrid, sinful, broken woman I am. Despite my ill-advised decisions and bad relationships HE still wants to make me into the woman He wants me to be.

I think it's hard for us to accept God's unconditional love because it goes beyond the scope of our finite human capacity to love. We're insecure because we try to apply God's love through the filter of how we love others...

That time flew by... as usual, a few interruptions... just wanted to share while that was fresh and ask that my sweet mother hens send some of the love to Amy while she's in need of it.

*hugs*

1 comments:

Rjet33 said...

Read across the top about losing 50 pounds. I need to do the same thing. I have a very hard time staying motivated. :( I'm following you on Twitter now!

Blessings!

Susan