My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Friday, February 26, 2010

my life is average

My life is average….

I was walking into walmart today and the wind was blowing strong. My thick, carefully straightened hair was blowing in my eyes. I crossed paths with a lady who had obvious issues with baldness. I felt guilty for showing off.

I was drying my hands walking back from the restroom and my wedding ring – which I wear on my right ring finger – slipped off. I thought it might be a sign.

My car wouldn’t start this morning. I brought the phone outside, called my brother and let him listen to the sound the car was making. It started. I was relieved but felt like my car was making me out to be a liar.

Was it impolite for me to correct the sandwich artist at lunch today when she put vinegar on my sandwich but not oil? Do you think she was trying to tell me I didn’t need the oil?

I rushed to my desk after lunch to answer the phone and was out of breath. I made sure the caller knew I had rushed to answer… worrying more about them thinking I was a heavy breather than them worrying about us not having enough people manning the phones.

I complained this week about NBC saving the marquee Olympic events until last and teasing throughout the evening. Last night they explained why they were doing it. Do you think NBC producers are reading my blog?

I wish I was in NYC to enjoy the snowstorm. Unless they lose power. I can’t imagine climbing 39 floors to my brother’s apartment. He had knee surgery a month ago. I bet he can’t imagine climbing 39 flights of stairs either.

That’s it for now.

1 comments:

Bookncoffee said...

Enjoyed your entry. So full of wit and interesting to see your analogies on things. lol
Have a good weekend. And wouldn't you rather go to a beach instead of the snow? lol.... I'm sooo thinking of vacation. Florida here we come.