My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

more about freedom

Ive been battling a headache all week. So far, today, I'm winning. It was a challenge yesterday... but I stuck it out, took some naproxen and went to bed early.

I'm worried about Andrew Koenig. He played Boner on Growing Pains. He disappeared almost two weeks ago. He was battling depression. People who are depressed need to be with people who LOVE them and who can help them keep going.

I fell asleep before seeing more than one of the women's figure skaters which is my very favorite Winter Olympic event. I hate NBC's coverage... they fill their broadcasts with random events that no one cares about and spend the whole broadcast teasing of the marquee events coming up... while complaining about losing money. I don't know much about television production but I do know that you need to know your audience and give them what they want.

Had a lot of hispanic clients this week. It's odd... my spanish is improving.

We're expecting NONaccumulating snow today. Where Ryan lives in Pennsylvania, they're expecting a lot of snow. I called Ryan yesterday to see where he was.... so I would know how high my mom-worry-meter should go. He's in Tampa, Florida for the next few days. Next issue...

Got to start the glam routine. Well... finish it... I just have to straighten my hair and put on war paint. Other than that, I'm good. Just had to share that awesome verse that the Lord led me to this morning while I was drying my hair:

Psalm 118:5, "While I was in anguish I cried out to the Lord and He answered by setting me free" (paraphrased from memory). Perfect timing. I needed to be reminded how I discovered this incredible freedom I've found. Christianity is not restrictive... it's liberating. No fear.

Gotta dash. Love and hugs.

0 comments: