My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Thursday, March 17, 2011

rambling random Thursday

I'm nervous.

There. I said it.
I know that in the grand scheme of things, one little injection while under wackadoodle juice is not a big deal... but still, I worry.
Sort of like with the wisdom teeth. I worry any time that I can't take care of things for myself.
I worry that Austin will take advantage. Or need something that I can't do for him.
I worry that it will hurt worse instead of less.
I worry that I won't be able to work tomorrow.
Ultimately, I know that everything is in God's hands and this is really not a big deal.
From my logical brain I know this. But the Jewish mother in me... she's worried.
I've got my nest and my comfy little bed all ready to rest my weary spine for the day.
I've preprogrammed the tv to change to the shows I want to see.
I've got food already fixed in the fridge.
Man, I'm hungry.
No food or drink until after.
I'm thirsty too.
And a little bummed... I thought it was no nothing 8 hours before... I could have had clear liquids up until 5am. Doggone it!
But still, I fixed my hair and my makeup. No sense being all scary looking.
I am wearing my green fuzzy socks that Cyndi gave me... for good luck and because it's St. Patrick's day.
I have a really fun "Aunt Heather" kind of surprise for Olivia and Ben - the Jr. members of my Medical Transport Team.
I managed to get a letter out to grandma... planning to go see Dearly Departed with her in May. This was a play that Purple Michael performed in shortly before I met him. His performance was legendary... I've seen a video and he is HUH-larious! It will be slightly different with the alta cockers up in Hayesville North Carolina but still... can't pass up a chance to go the the theatre with my grandma.
Put another little card in the mail. Haven't done as much mailing this week as I wanted.
I haven't even filled out my March Madness bracket. I was too busy with life, work, etc.
I find it odd that in the midst of all the chaos in the world, the leader of the free world had time to fill his bracket out. And play a round of golf. I picked the wrong job. I shoulda been POTUS.
Then I coulda filled out my bracket. I don't like to do it random... I have to research... make it count. There just hasn't been that kind of time this week.
So anyways... that's the story, morning glory.
I'll try to update later...
love and hugs, y'all.

4 comments:

LYN said...

I think you'll find the anticipation is worse than the actual thing..My FIL..God rest his soul.. got them all the time..he was always happy to get them for some relief..:-)

Good Luck!!

mawmaw said...

You are lucky, they never gave me anything for pain when I had mine. It was not too bad though. I hope it works for you. Love ya

Anonymous said...

Good luck today! Just remember that you may not see immediate results ~ it took a good two weeks for me to get the full effect of my epidural. And hey ~ I didn't get any wackadoodle juice with mine, so you should be fine!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! For some reason I can never leave my name with a comment! Don't know why it comes up with that silly string of letters and numbers :)
This is Mary by the way!