- Lots of stuff in the news that has my interest: the Royal Wedding (yes, I know it's over... I'm still basking in the afterglow)... the storms that hit the southeast last Wednesday... the death of Osama Bin Laden.
- Not much has changed for me since last week... another year older... still dealing with random pain, incredible exhaustion, tachycardia, high blood pressure... still dragging myself thru the day and praying for strength to get in 8 hours at the office... and to be productive during those 8 hours.
- I got some awesome birthday gifts: $25 starbucks card, $25 check, the amazing coasters that Purple Michael made for me, a monogrammed lunch tote from www.thirtyonegifts.com and a sweet new coffee mug that says "Love bears all things"... all perfectly suited to me...
- I'm fascinated by the fact that Osama Bin Laden was taken out... 1. that it took so long, 2. that Obama had the guts to order such an operation 3. that we have such brave men in our military as those Navy Seals... makes me proud to be an American.
- But it makes me fearful as well... there will be repercussions. It's inevitable. And although I feel rather insulated in this remote little corner of the world... there are a lot of people I love who are in more vulnerable areas.
- It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world we live in... but the Bible tells us that there's nothing new under the sun... so I suppose these same wars, rumors of wars, politics, the pain of aging, the pain of loss...they are just the process of this generation relearning the lessons of the previous generations... we're pretty dumb, this human race
- Ecclesiates 1:9 says, "what has been will be again, what has been done will be done again, there is nothing new under the sun.
- SO... we're living a sort of groundhog day existence here on earth... each generation repeats the mistakes of the last generation... our dependence on foreign oil enslaves us to other countries in the same way that... oh, I don't know... dependence on tea forced dependence of the colonists on England. Seems like it would be easier to learn from the example of those who have gone before us. Seems like we would use our own natural resources instead of making things so complicated
- Will Kate Middleton make the same mistakes of Di and Fergie?
- Will a new Osama Bin Laden rise up and exact greater revenge?
- Will Austin turn in his history homework?
- Will I have the energy to make it through the day today?
- Will my estranged brother ever reach out to his family?
- The sun is rising in the east and the first light of day is breaking through... It's almost time for me to wake the sleeping teen and for us to begin our day.Will it be like yesterday? Better? Worse....?
22 Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Have a great day, y'all!