I'm well rested but have a horrible headache this morning. It's the kind of migraine that makes you want to throw up...
Monday, May 23, 2011
I also have thick junk in my throat and chest. Had a bit of nose congestion yesterday - had several nosebleeds this weekend - but that seems to be ok now.
As per doctors orders - I pushed the level of the nerve block meds up to what she called the "therapeutic level"... in other words... I took it three times a day at a higher dosing level and... at that level... it worked. The pain went away. I was cheech and chong comfortable... couldn't drive... but the pain was gone.
So... the good news is that we've found a way to make the pain go away after four months. The bad news is that I can't take that much medication and function.
Today... I'm so dizzy and nauseous with this splitting headache that I would love to stay home from work. I really need to not do that, though. I need to get my attendance better. If the tachycardia continues I'm going to end up missing work going to see the cardiologist so I need to be at work whenever it's possible.
It was a good weekend, though. Very peaceful. Austin and I seem to have worked out a balance of freedom/responsibility that he's comfortable with... as long as he shows the initiative to do the things that he knows he needs to do, I'm much more agreeable about letting his buddies come over to play Wii... and I'm more permissive when it comes to letting him spend the night with his friends to play Playstation. (it's all about gaming)
Austin desperately needs new shoes. He has one pair of flipflops and THAT is it. I have money to buy them (we got child support!) but I'm having a hard time finding the kind he likes up here. We need to go into Gainesville or Dawsonville to get some but by the end of the day I'm exhausted beyond being able to drive... and on the weekends... he sleeps most of the day and by the time he wakes up... I'm worn out and don't feel like driving down there. So... if any of y'all are headed to town, will you take my kid shoe shopping? I'll give him cash.
Ok... time to get started with my reasons to love Monday... here goes:
1. The headache I woke up with is easing off
2. I'm very well rested
3. I was able to relieve the pain for most of the weekend ... it was awesome. I felt good enough to do some of my exercises I learned in physical therapy... I made a huge pot of chili. I cleaned. It was such a gift.
4. Habersham county (where I work) is out of school so I won't have to deal with their school traffic.
5. White county (where I live) doesn't get out until June 3rd - they started later - but it's getting closer. Austin is doing horrible in school and will likely fail at least one of his classes. I tried to encourage him last night to start thinking about practical career choices - maybe learn to weld or become a plumber or something like that - and he insists he still wants to be a vet. Pray for him, if you would, that he would be able to transition to a career after high school.
6. We ate great this past weekend and I've stocked the fridge with lots of healthy choices for my breakfast and lunches.
7. I have a new body wash that I can't wait to use! I went to the Dollar General on Saturday (it's my new favorite store - they have everything I need, the prices are low and it's not as big or as social as walmart) I had a $5 off coupon for DG so I stocked up on some things we've been needing (cleaners, socks, birthday card for Angie's birthday that's coming up this Thursday).
8. I'm feeling so much peace in my life right now... it's hard to explain... I just feel loved and... like this life that I'm living is what I'm meant to do. I don't feel a pressure to "find a man"... I'm really feeling like God created me to be a soul that was complete in my own self.
Anyways... so that's my list for this week. Pray that these headaches will go away. I know they're at least partly because of the change to my blood pressure meds... but I need to work the full week this week. Pray that I have the strength and energy to be all that I need to be this week.
Have a great week, y'all! Love and hugs!
Posted by Heather at 5:16 AM