My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, January 11, 2010

almond butter

Since y’all asked about the almond butter…
Almonds and almond butter are nutritional powerhouses that contain significant amounts of protein, calcium, fiber, magnesium, folic acid, potassium, and vitamin E. Almond butter has extremely low saturated fat content and is rich in monounsaturated fats making it a heart-healthy choice. Of course, almonds have no trans fat. Studies consistently have shown that the addition of almonds into the diet effectively lowers cholesterol. Unlike low-fat, high-carbohydrate diets, adding almonds does not adversely alter insulin sensitivity in healthy adults or blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes.
Almonds are a good source of plant sterols, such as beta-sitosterol, which have been shown to alleviate symptoms of BPH (enlarged prostate), a condition afflicting the majority of men over age 50. Two tablespoons of almond butter contain roughly 35 milligrams of beta-sitosterol.
From www.bestnaturalfoods.com

I like that kind of good stuff. I actually ended up having the turkey/veggie meatloaf for lunch with a HUGE orange. That sucker was bigger than a grapefruit! And it was juicy! I guess we better enjoy oranges while we can since the freeze is going to make them non-existent or outrageous. I had a banana for snack… so I’m at 3 for my colorful foods count today. Tonight for dinner I think will be the black beans and brown rice with plantains… maybe some collards on the side…

It’s been a long, stressful, busy day and I’m brain dead. Love and hugs, y’all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather, If I were there ... I'd grab your hand and dance down the street with you! Today, all the way from CA, I'm celebrate a VERY good thing. Hugs, girl ... and lots of love <3
~Patty