My People

My People
My matched set of grandchildren - Oliver and Cosette

Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday drive-by post...

For the fifth night in a row I slept without ambien! Sleeping never felt so good!

It's Monday. The longest day of the week. I have a feeling we're going to be busy today. I imagine we've had a few accidents over the weekend...

I'm a tiny bit nervous about driving to work... we have staff meeting so I have to be early... and I don't know what the road conditions are. Fortunately... the majority of my trip is on heavily traveled state roads ("the number roads") which surely have been cleared. I think the lingering icing is on the side roads and neighborhood streets. Like mine. There are folks who still haven't been able to get out of their driveways since Thursday. Schools are still closed, probably for that reason.

I've had breakfast already... whole grain toast with almond butter and a drizzle of honey. Fruit for snack today. Lunch will be a tuna salad wrap with sprouts and cabbage. Dinner will probably be turkey veggie meatloaf and roasted carrots. It's nice having the whole day planned out.

I had a facebook message overnight from an old friend. We were bed rest buddies during my last pregnancy (16 years ago) and she kept the kids for me when they were really little. I hadn't heard from her in years and she said, "I didn't know your name had changed". That's when I sort of cringe because it's hard to bring people up to date... how do I describe the three most tumultuous years of my life in three or four facebook sentences?

God is good. I think sometimes it's best to just leave it there.

Gotta get my glam going... the Farm awaits! Love and hugs, y'all!

3 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

you can say: "I was briefly married, but it didn't work out as I'd hoped and planned."

What is almond butter?

moshell's lilbit of space said...

Great job on the no ambien....


what is almond butter & can I get it at the grocery???

Tina of Moon Shine said...

we make butter out of anything in the South!
ambien was terrible for me. glad you are doing well off of it. I hated it.
take care